Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help! Where are the Trac components?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-12, 07:43 AM
eemueller
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Where are the Trac components?

I rebuilt the brakes on my 97 sc4 and now need to bleed the system. The problem is I can't find the accumulator or actuator for the Trac system. I have a button on the console for Trac, the light on the IP goes on and off, I looked in the engine compartment where the manual says the system should be, and it's not there. According to the manual, the accumulator should be next to the master cylinder in the left rear of the engine compartment. Not there. And the actuator should be in the right rear next to the ABS system. Not there. I see a bleed valve on the aluminum ABS system actuator, but that's it. I'm totally stumped.

Thanks for the help.

Eric
Old 08-13-12, 12:32 PM
M.Rad.
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm resurecting this thread because i have the same problem!
Does anyone have a pic of a 97 that shows the TRAC accumulator location? There is nothing under my master cylinder, and yes, I do have trac control. The ABS controler is plainly visible on the passenger side , but the TRAC? I'm trying to bleed the system but where is it? Is there something odd about the 97s?
Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
M.R.
Old 05-09-13, 10:08 PM
joliroger4
Driver School Candidate

My 97 is the same exact way. I am unsure of the proper procedure to bleed the brakes now. I opened that bleeder on the ABS system actuator and started the car and the pump did not energize making fluid come out. I jacked up the rear of the car and let the wheels spin in drive and still nothing.
Old 05-14-13, 08:10 AM
joliroger4
Driver School Candidate

OK since nobody had the answer to this I went ahead and bought the Service Repair Manuals from Lexus. I'm going to do you all a favor here and post up the procedure for our 97 cars. Not sure what other years this applies to. This was nowhere to be found anywhere else on the internet.