Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

slammage!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 01:35 PM
chrisindub
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is one sick drop!

Originally Posted by afro88
PBM. This is no where near maxed out. Maxed out and you can't even install the coilovers because your control arms can't go up high enough to line up the bolt holes. This picture is no where near maxed out. End thread/
Your car looks evil bro......... How does it ride? I wanna take my car further down. You get over speed bumps/driveways/dips? Hows the rubbing on the fenders? I presume you relocated the harness, rolled fenders, removed your liners etc.....?
Old 02-25-12, 08:32 PM
afro88
Driver School Candidate

The car is so heavy I actually prefer the ride a bit stiffer. It's stiff but not rough at all, I can just feel what's going on with the car at all times. Have the rear set to full stiff and the front half way. Just a generic setting until I get more seat time and develop a preference.

I don't do speedbumps, just find my way around them, or just make the extra little walk to where I need to be. Getting up driveways depends on the driveway, sometimes I just go up at an angle, sometimes I go up at an angle knowing i'm still going to scrape (welded diff saves me when the car three wheels). Dips are never really an issue, just watch the road and slow down when I need to.

The rear tires rub the inner fenders pretty badly but that's because they're 275's (they were free). At -6 camber right now simply because nothing can be dialed out with the tires being so close to the inner fenders. Plan to step down to 245's and get as close as possible to -2 to -3 degrees of camber. I raised the front a bit since this picture. No way I could have driven like this with my knuckles and spacers. Even with the raise the tires have caught the fenders a few times. Did a pull on all four fenders but unfortunately the previous owner "shaved" the fender lips which is a huge no no in my book. It severely weakens the metal and makes pulls look wavy and distorted, my rear passenger fender even started seperating between the inner and outer shells, pretty much forces me to get wider/over fenders. Harnesses are relocated and liners are removed.
Old 02-25-12, 10:12 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This man is on PBMs, could go lower but his frame is already on the floor
Old 02-26-12, 10:57 AM
chrisindub
Pole Position

Default thx afro88

appreciate all the details about your drop and the ride bro.
i haven't met anyone here locally (yet) who has gone that low with an SC, so i don't have anyone to ask about the ride, and how to get the clearance for the drop.
i had a friend who was telling me to shave the fender lips too, glad i didn't do that
do you have the back set to stiff just for rubbing, i ask because i thought on these cars the front is supposed to be set a little stiffer on the dampener because of the front to back weight distribution?
there's a lot i don't know.

sorry one more question! when u rolled/pulled your fenders, did you heat them up to spare the paint? my buddies paint flaked off his rears when he rolled them, i'm not rolling them if that could happen to mine!
Old 02-26-12, 03:11 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 On the PBM Coils, had them on the s14 and will get them for my SC too you can lay frame no problem.
Also on the fender rolling yes you should always use a heat gun and I believe for the fronts you have to cut the fender liner tabs at the top or else the fenders will dimple.