Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

How low can I go w/o Rubbing or Fender Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 11:15 AM
Hoac
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How low can I go w/o Rubbing or Fender Mods

Hey guys

So i've finally decided to buy a set of BC Racing coils! I'm super stoked!

I wanna go lower, like completely close the gaps to the wheels, but my car is still too new and I don't want to cause any damage to the fender liners or the fender etc itself.

I've got the fsport package wheels with the crappy potenza tires on them right now. I'm planning to change the tires to the michilen super sport once these wear out.

So my question is how low can I go w/o rubbing or any fender mods. Is it possible to go to no wheel gap w/o rubbing? I'm a noob to suspension so any help would be appreciated!!!

Old 03-16-12, 05:08 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

2.5" lowered on BCRs (measurement taken from highest point of fender arch to ground). No fender rubbing at all, but minor fender liner rubs on the portion directly above the front wheels on good bumps and the liner near the fender/bumper mounting bracket. Very minor and cannot be seen; no adverse effects due to water/wind/etc. Gotta pay to play !

Old 03-16-12, 08:59 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

With your stock wheels, you can pretty much go to no finger gap with little to no rubbing. Most people only have the rubbing in the front when turning the wheel all the way. You can fix this by taking a heat gun and pushing the fender liner back.

Even then, most people have lowered on 19's and run 235/35 tires and only needed to use the heat gun to fix it. Most people with this are lowered about 25-25.5" from the top of the fender to the floor. I have my BC's on hand as well. I'm waiting to put them on lol
Old 03-16-12, 10:37 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Not stocks, but this is my daily height on Megan EZ's to give you and idea how well coils can dampen your suspension. Can't stocks just be tucked and you can dump your car pretty low? only had stocks+coils on for an afternoon so I didn't really pay attention to how they sat

Old 03-22-12, 12:42 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Awesome thanks alot guys!

Will I also need to get camber arms? I drive about 30k'ish miles a year and do not want inner tire wear. I can't afford to replace all my tires 6 times a year!

Or will the adjustment on the fsport rims/tires be so minimal that I won't get massive inner tire wear?

Also will correcting the camber result in more rubbing since the tire will be straight up and down?