Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rack bushing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-12, 08:46 PM
daily400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack bushing

ok so i have a 92 sc400 and i have tried to find/get rack bushing and i tried almost i think everyone out there and no one seems to carry or can get them i tried tm and exact ect... anyone have any last resorts for me. or does anyone have a set i can buy...
Old 03-30-12, 08:49 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

battle version. that's where i got my aluminum ones.
Old 03-30-12, 08:55 PM
daily400
Pole Position

how are they holding up i mean i know its aluminum but what bout the 3rd one the bigger one. u replace that
Old 03-30-12, 09:05 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't let this guy's work go to waste.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ushings-3.html

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=104

I know people vouch for the aluminum ones, but remember and think about it, Toyota/Lexus/engineers wouldn't design it to be rubber/vibration absorbing material for no reason. Plus this comes with the grommet.
Old 03-30-12, 09:12 PM
daily400
Pole Position

does that guy have a website or is he just ran threw here and ill just have to send him a PM
Old 03-30-12, 09:13 PM
daily400
Pole Position

never mind just saw the second link
Old 03-30-12, 09:20 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daily400
never mind just saw the second link
LOL

10characters
Old 03-30-12, 11:29 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

i didnt replace the ring bushing on the passenger side. it was still in good condition. dealer should sell the passenger side busing for around $30? not surethough never bought one
Old 03-31-12, 05:32 PM
daily400
Pole Position

sounds good thanks fellas
Old 04-01-12, 03:13 PM
afro88
Driver School Candidate

I have the BVer ones and they feel WAY better than the prothane ones that were in there. The bushing that surrounds the rack doesn't do much after installing the aluminum ones since the rack can't even move enough to make it flex.

I haven't noticed any vibration in my steering or throughout the car since installing the aluminum bushings, but I'm sure the ****ty rubber bushings were initially designed into the car because of cost and comfort reasons. If you're driving the car harder than it was expected to be driven I don't see an issue with installing solid bushings.
Old 04-01-12, 08:20 PM
daily400
Pole Position

already ordered them i hate driving in chicago when my car likes to turn on its own.. and ya thats what i was wondering about is the vibration but i really wasnt that worried and plus if the rubber ones went out once im not gunna change them again. thanks everyone
Old 04-02-12, 07:56 PM
Cleet
Rookie

I see that you already ordered the aluminum bushings but for anyone else I figure I will share my current purchase...

I bought ricochet poly bushings for $42 shipped off of eBay... received from Cali to KY in 2 business days and came with all three bushings. Installed today, great quality, precise tight fit and steering felt amazing afterwards just like with any of the others out there.

Just thought i would share this as an alternative since I've never seen anyone else mention them and the price and fast shipping are a huge plus in my book. I'm enticed to buy their sway bar bushings now after this experience... if only they offered control arm bushings.
Old 04-02-12, 08:42 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

That's because that's a new brand... I noticed it came out around the same time that Figs developed our SC's steering rack bushings... And Figs is the first one I saw that came out with blue... Could be the guys that manufactured it for him thought they'd sell their own since they now have the molds... But then again, that's just a hunch...

And you always have Prothane brand for the control arms... Very good quality as well, and easy to install since the getting out the old bushings part is the PITA...
Old 04-02-12, 08:47 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by afro88
I have the BVer ones and they feel WAY better than the prothane ones that were in there. The bushing that surrounds the rack doesn't do much after installing the aluminum ones since the rack can't even move enough to make it flex.

I haven't noticed any vibration in my steering or throughout the car since installing the aluminum bushings, but I'm sure the ****ty rubber bushings were initially designed into the car because of cost and comfort reasons. If you're driving the car harder than it was expected to be driven I don't see an issue with installing solid bushings.
Not disagreeing or arguing with your point, because you do have a point, but then again, like I said, Toyota/Lexus/engineers wouldn't design it to be a vibration absorbing material for no reason at all, but if you're saying it's for "cost" reasons don't you think that they could've just made the entire mounting part to be solid and not have the insulations? Just trying to make a point out of what you said...

But yeah, the aluminum billet ones were designed for racing/aggressive driving purposes, so, it's still not for everybody... The polyurethane one's have had great reviews from owners for a very long time in the community, you could do a quick search and some would date back early 2000's...

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-02-12 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-02-12, 08:51 PM
Cleet
Rookie

Off topic but... is there a way to make the prothane control arm bushings work for 97+? I have a 99 and need front lca bushings but TM engineering is the only one i see offering them. I saw that the ones they have with new sleeves included they list for 92-00, so if I had 92-96 inner sleeves would the others work? I'm not sure of the difference in the two bushings but I found a guy selling newly machined inner sleeves if the sleeves outer diameter is the difference.

Quick Reply: Rack bushing