Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

pics supra agx adjustable shocks supra eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-12, 02:46 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pics supra agx adjustable shocks supra eibach springs

perfect drop
before,after
Attached Thumbnails pics supra agx adjustable shocks supra eibach springs-work-016.jpg   pics supra agx adjustable shocks supra eibach springs-work-068.jpg  

Last edited by roc; 04-08-12 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-13-12, 09:28 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that SAME setup, but mine seems to sit slightly lower. I'll post pics soon.
Old 04-14-12, 07:48 AM
roc
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TweakTech
I have that SAME setup, but mine seems to sit slightly lower. I'll post pics soon.
i guess mine didn't settle in yet,still a couple of days old
Old 04-18-12, 06:24 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TweakTech
post some pics of your suspension
Old 04-19-12, 06:57 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the befiore and after photos. It does seem it needs to settle after some driving time. I like the wheels better than I do the drop. :-)
Old 04-19-12, 07:50 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

I'm sorry guys, it's been insane at work lately, and I've been trying to get the car ready for Import Alliance this weekend. I'll hopefully be able to post some pics next week.

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance
Old 04-19-12, 07:10 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the ride like? Stiff or soggy?
Old 04-23-12, 07:23 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

depends on what setting you have the AGX's. 1 is soft like stock, 4 is pretty stiff. I daily it on setting 2. a little stiffer, but not bouncy.
Old 04-07-13, 05:11 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Is that low enough to have to relocate the harness?
Old 04-07-13, 08:25 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same setup here on my sc, and i like it so much its still hard to commit to coilovers. No "need" to relocate harness, but still a good idea.
Old 04-07-13, 09:33 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Same setup here on my sc, and i like it so much its still hard to commit to coilovers. No "need" to relocate harness, but still a good idea.
Is the adjustability really useful? I have never had an adjustable shock.

I'm getting pretty interested in this setup but live in NYC.

How is this setup on bad roads? elaborate please......
Old 04-09-13, 11:25 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

The adjustability is very useful, and being that alot of the roads here in Houston are a reflection of those in NYC, I can tell you that when paired with the right springs, you can have a comfortable ride on crappy roads.

1-being the lowest setting on the shock dampening rate, give a stock-like ride
2-slightly stiffer settings on the shock, naturally slightly more firm but still comfortable
3/4-are not harsh on the road, but a big difference over 1 and 2 in handling/roll and steering response..and doubt you would have an issue on the track on the higher settings.

I drive daily with my fronts and rear on 4. No fender well rubbing in the front, and before I switched wheels, I had no rubbing issues in the back and dont think it ever bottomed out. Firm handling through turns, minimal body roll, squat on hard launching is minimal, and nose dive while hard braking is greatly minimized, even on the "2" rating.

Now pair the adjustable shocks with a progressive rate spring like the Eibach pro kit, and you have a suspension setup that "adapts" to how your driving and the surface. Although larger bumps in the road can be a bit harsh at times with the shocks on their highest setting, its still manageable vs. some coilovers. Even when I first went with the KYB/Eibach setup, I had the shocks set on "2" all the way around and with the combination, driving the car was much more enjoyable in turns, yet still extremely comfortable with a boost of better handling/ride.

In short, I like this setup so much, I have been debating for the last 2 years on switching to coilovers, and still cannot decide.
Old 04-09-13, 06:28 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Also to add to above, I have also been considering taking the Gixxer-Drew setup into consideration..but with a twist:

I have been researching different coilover setups using the KYB AGX shocks, and seems its a widely used setup from Subaru owners to FD's, and a BUNCH of Honda's. All using different "universal" coilover sets. I think this will allow the slight "more low" that I want, and with the right spring rates, I can keep the ride I currently have.
Old 04-10-13, 06:20 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbodremz
The adjustability is very useful, and being that alot of the roads here in Houston are a reflection of those in NYC, I can tell you that when paired with the right springs, you can have a comfortable ride on crappy roads.

1-being the lowest setting on the shock dampening rate, give a stock-like ride
2-slightly stiffer settings on the shock, naturally slightly more firm but still comfortable
3/4-are not harsh on the road, but a big difference over 1 and 2 in handling/roll and steering response..and doubt you would have an issue on the track on the higher settings.

I drive daily with my fronts and rear on 4. No fender well rubbing in the front, and before I switched wheels, I had no rubbing issues in the back and dont think it ever bottomed out. Firm handling through turns, minimal body roll, squat on hard launching is minimal, and nose dive while hard braking is greatly minimized, even on the "2" rating.

Now pair the adjustable shocks with a progressive rate spring like the Eibach pro kit, and you have a suspension setup that "adapts" to how your driving and the surface. Although larger bumps in the road can be a bit harsh at times with the shocks on their highest setting, its still manageable vs. some coilovers. Even when I first went with the KYB/Eibach setup, I had the shocks set on "2" all the way around and with the combination, driving the car was much more enjoyable in turns, yet still extremely comfortable with a boost of better handling/ride.

In short, I like this setup so much, I have been debating for the last 2 years on switching to coilovers, and still cannot decide.
WOW!
Thank you for that awesome answer!
I am now headed in that direction.
I still am fearful that NYC roads will make me regret ANY lowering, but my desire to go fast, and look good doing it will likely WIN!
(i'm looking at Gixxer-Drew as well..)
Old 05-17-13, 03:11 PM
supranyc
Driver School Candidate

Great info in this thread. Looks like its a bolt in besides the option harness relocation. Can anyone compare this set up to eibach springs + supra OEM shocks? I happen to have a set I'm looking to get rid of, I heard they are direct replacements for SC's.

Quick Reply: pics supra agx adjustable shocks supra eibach springs