Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help weather coilover or springs on my awd is250 help!!!!!!!!!!!plssssss

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12 | 05:41 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by laobo979
Coilover over spring any day regardless the amount of drop. Cause with coilover you have the option to raise or lower. With spring you stuck with what you get.Not a waste to me. A waste is running spring then not be satisfied. Then opt more money to get coilover. Do it once do it rite.
thanks. i'm sold. coilovers it is.

how are these on long distance trips though? like 1000+ miles? Doesn't matter? And do I need to get an alignment done immediately after getting coilovers installed?
Old 04-17-12 | 01:01 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Wait a week and once they have settled and you know you are at the height you want then get it aligned.
Old 04-17-12 | 01:56 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by p0lo8
Well I am upgrading my suspension in near future, so if i go with f sport shocks and springs it is actually more money than for Megan EZ coils. How is that a waste?
Because F sport are expensive! But don't forget you're getting better shocks as well. Coils don't give you shocks! If you get coils and shocks it'd be even more than springs n shocks.

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
Haha this isn't true at all. Coilovers are not made to only SLAM cars. They are made to give adjustability in a suspension, ride height, damping, spring preload, etc.

Most Cars will actually ride better when dropped mildly on coilovers.
True true. A lot of customization indeed.
Old 04-17-12 | 04:13 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Because F sport are expensive! But don't forget you're getting better shocks as well. Coils don't give you shocks! If you get coils and shocks it'd be even more than springs n shocks. .
Sorry bro but all coilover on lexus come complete swap. This isnt a honda were it just the spring and sleves. If you add up the price of fsport spring and shock . It cost more than getting a Megan coilover.