Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

UAS with Megan EZ's. Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 06:57 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Question UAS with Megan EZ's. Questions!

Okay so I'm interested in getting the Universal Air Suspension (UAS) to pair with my Megan EZ coils. I have some questions, and would like people with experience with pairing coils with UAS to chime in how they like it, or if there were problems at all.

A few questions...

1. A vendor quoted me for the UAS kits, to include everything to install (besides tools) it on my coils. Is mounting the bags on the coils a difficult task? By difficult, I mean something me and buddy couldn't accomplish?

2. Read a few people claiming bags give out or need to be replaced after a year or two, as well as the coils. How true is this statement?

3. Is having FBSS (front back side to side) a huge benefit for those with air, or is FB sufficient? I will only be raising to drive, and parking slammed (wheels aren't cambered and semi aggressive, so can't drive dumped even if I wanted). Also, is having auto leveling and the more expensive control units "worth it"? (again, I just need to adjust to two heights mainly, drive and park). Is switching control units simple plug and play?

I do not drive hard anymore, just some fast spirited runs on the highway when I'm late to work... so having a kit that will withstand aggressive driving isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help, and if you don't have first hand knowledge, please state this somehow, so rumors don't get spread as facts
Old 04-16-12, 07:22 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may not help

1. As for you and a buddy doing it, of course it could be done. Just know it may take a day of work depending your knowledge.

2. This mainly depends on how you often you drive your car. All coilovers will eventually crap one day. As for bags, some people are lucky and unlucky. Bags will pop, air lines will leak, etc. just depends. Also keep in mind, by altering the coilover to put bags on may affect the way it performs.

3. I have no idea. Lol other people should chime in.

Sounds like a cool setup.
Old 04-16-12, 07:29 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steezy
This may not help

1. As for you and a buddy doing it, of course it could be done. Just know it may take a day of work depending your knowledge.

2. This mainly depends on how you often you drive your car. All coilovers will eventually crap one day. As for bags, some people are lucky and unlucky. Bags will pop, air lines will leak, etc. just depends. Also keep in mind, by altering the coilover to put bags on may affect the way it performs.

3. I have no idea. Lol other people should chime in.

Sounds like a cool setup.
Thanks.

Another question that I thought of, is if a bag fails or a line fails, I assume the ride will just drop drastically? Do failures usually happen slowly, otherwise it seems like it could be dangerous if it happens
Old 04-16-12, 07:30 PM
plusone
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

‎2. Bags and struts going out is very unpredictable since it can go out in a month or in 5 years. If you keep up with the maintenance you should be fine. also rebuilding/replacing bags won't be difficult once you have everything installed. I am on my air cups for 2+ years now.
3. FBSS is just nice to have (when people is around), FB should be sufficient if all you want to use it for is to clear driveways and speed bumps. The auto-leveling kit is also just another nice add on to make your life easier, this keeps the car at a even ride height at all times within the 2-3 preset ride height settings you give it. If you do lose air it will automatically fill back up to the desired ride height that it was set at. Not having it is not a big deal, since you can just keep your eyes on the psi's and adjust if you do lose air.

Everyone in the 0 psi club can chime in also.
Old 04-16-12, 08:09 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Check this thread i started back when i was doing some research on air https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip...-question.html
As far as ur last question if a bag fails completely ur pretty much stuck on the side of the road. One reason i went with cups...
Old 04-16-12, 08:39 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MashinA
Check this thread i started back when i was doing some research on air https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip...-question.html
As far as ur last question if a bag fails completely ur pretty much stuck on the side of the road. One reason i went with cups...
Awesome, great info. It sounds like bags are what I'm looking for since I don't want to ride super low all day, just park it low or in areas I know are safe to drive (Houston loves super steep entrances...).

Would like to hear from UAS owners, might have to post somewhere else. I just rubbed the very outer edge of my rear wheel (not noticeable) on my fender getting out of my own home driveway, so I think I just justified this purchase
Old 04-17-12, 12:27 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

It appears a company called ForjWorks makes adapter brackets to make the Megan Coils work with the UAS bags. Anyone here have experience?

Link: http://www.forjworks.com/Air-Over-Th...Rear-P125.aspx
Old 06-01-12, 07:35 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Fbss is for show and if you're just using it as a daily, fb would suffice. Now if you want all the eleveling accuair stuff, that's just more money and again, it's for show as previous members stated "when people are around". I'm happy with my fb manual kit. But that's just me. I dd my car. Your car, your money.
Old 06-10-12, 07:30 PM
kvl
Pole Position

hi guys i would like to ask
for UAS airbags, are they universe fit? is it i can use it for any car later if i take it off? or is it only for IS only.
Old 06-11-12, 12:18 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

1. A vendor quoted me for the UAS kits, to include everything to install (besides tools) it on my coils. Is mounting the bags on the coils a difficult task? By difficult, I mean something me and buddy couldn't accomplish?
you need to cut and weld rears for MEGAN coils, example from JoshIS408 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7175423-post27.html

2. Read a few people claiming bags give out or need to be replaced after a year or two, as well as the coils. How true is this statement?
i know people with over 6+yrs with no problem at all.

3. Is having FBSS (front back side to side) a huge benefit for those with air, or is FB sufficient? I will only be raising to drive, and parking slammed (wheels aren't cambered and semi aggressive, so can't drive dumped even if I wanted). Also, is having auto leveling and the more expensive control units "worth it"? (again, I just need to adjust to two heights mainly, drive and park). Is switching control units simple plug and play?
FB w/ just rocker switch is okay. more expensive auto leveling is definitely nice to have. auto leveling have 2 options, (pressure base, or/and height base) look into accuair/dakota digital/airlift autopilot etc... products for managements.