Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Want to get rid of that rear end clunking noise?
Yes, I need new rear bushings
100.00%
No, I don't care about noise, comfort or handling
0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Get rid of that clunking noise...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-02, 05:06 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by ForNgoods
dont want to sound pushy or anything but is this thread going anywhere?? So far we have 13 people that voted so wouldn't that be enough to get this GB thing started?? I can feel the cold whether coming around the corner and if theres one thing that really annoys me its the clunking noise from my suspension. I was going to buy these bushing from TMengineering a couple months ago but decided against it b/c someone on the forum, cant remember who, said he bought a set and it stopped the clunking noise but then the suspension started making other noises. So now i'm trying to decide what's the lesser of two evils.

Khang
Yeah those kinda posts from one person out of many, with no followup, are what really makes things hard when there is actually no problem with a product at all. I recall this person had a mystery noise with their suspension, but never seemed to follow up on anyone's advice or even better, take it to someone who was experienced enough to solve the problem immediately. Someone who knows enough can narrow a chassis noise problem down in seconds, just from a short spin around the parking lot. Someone without experience would never figure it out even if they had the entire suspension apart right in front of them.

DIY is cool, that's how you learn, but don't undermine a product in the process of learning.

To add to the confusion, people work on their cars when they really shouldn't be, and probably cause more harm than good...perhaps not maliciously, but they still cause more problems than they fix. Then they go blaming a product that wasn't inferior or defective at all in the first place. Vehicles are very easy to damage or not put back together correctly when one is inexperienced.

Then next...post up here that they had a problem (99% of the time unrelated to what they THOUGHT the problem was), and then everyone else thinks a product is crap. Of course the other 50 or 60 people don't have any problems and are not a "squeaky wheel" so nobody hears anything otherwise from them.

As far as this rear bushing thing, with all of the supposed (and unjustified) problems with the fronts, the I think the chances of getting a rear kit done could possibly be teetering towards nay more than towards yay.

Just my $.02
Old 11-23-02, 05:39 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh

Yeah those kinda posts from one person out of many, with no followup, are what really makes things hard when there is actually no problem with a product at all. I recall this person had a mystery noise with their suspension, but never seemed to follow up on anyone's advice or even better, take it to someone who was experienced enough to solve the problem immediately. Someone who knows enough can narrow a chassis noise problem down in seconds, just from a short spin around the parking lot. Someone without experience would never figure it out even if they had the entire suspension apart right in front of them.

DIY is cool, that's how you learn, but don't undermine a product in the process of learning.

To add to the confusion, people work on their cars when they really shouldn't be, and probably cause more harm than good...perhaps not maliciously, but they still cause more problems than they fix. Then they go blaming a product that wasn't inferior or defective at all in the first place. Vehicles are very easy to damage or not put back together correctly when one is inexperienced.

Then next...post up here that they had a problem (99% of the time unrelated to what they THOUGHT the problem was), and then everyone else thinks a product is crap. Of course the other 50 or 60 people don't have any problems and are not a "squeaky wheel" so nobody hears anything otherwise from them.

Hey DoubleWhoosh, My bad man.. it was not my intent to undermind any product. It was jus something i recall someone posting after they had purchased a set which added to my skepticisms. You're probably right and there could be no validity what that person said. Sorry if anything i said added to the confusion.

Khang
Old 11-27-02, 03:06 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Naw no biggie on your part, it just sucks when people post things with no real basis and especially with no followup.

If you ever need help with any problems with your car let me know I can usually diagnose them pretty good as long as you describe the problem with enough detail...
Old 11-27-02, 08:44 PM
928owner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Folks, I can tell you from PERSONEL experience that Mr. Todd can find squeks.

He spent his whole Saturday morning locating my "gremlin" and excised it.... for that I am grateful, and can tell you he knows his stuff. He is not a youngster, but a seasoned technician, who I have extreme faith in........

Bob with a squeck free SC400 (with new leather interior)
Old 11-28-02, 01:50 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hey Todd,

I drove by the your shop to say hi on Tuesday but I guess you already went on holiday vacation. If you are going to be in Friday, give me a PM and I will drop by. I am installing more bushings tomorrow.

I think the rears may be better sellers than the fronts since the rears do clunk alot in the SCs when they get old. My SC400 clunks especially if I dont drive it often and the bushings become less maliable.

16 votes looks good. Is there enough here to warrant a product?

- Mike
Old 12-12-02, 10:37 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Done deal!

Looks like a late January ETA
Old 12-12-02, 11:13 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Nice. I might do this in conjunction with a change to coilovers.
Old 12-13-02, 12:33 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Default Re: Done deal!

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Looks like a late January ETA

Old 08-09-05, 06:15 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes interested....