Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 08:15 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

OK so I just bought stance coilovers and a lowerud my SC about 5 or 6 inches and no place will do a alignment because the after market coilovers? And my back pasnger wheel feels square and wobbly can any one tell me of its the controle arm or the stock camber kit plz help
Old 05-04-12, 08:29 AM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

lol... dude both threads posted from you that I've seen have been a little hilarious. are u sure you're not trollin' with a username like that?
Old 05-04-12, 08:41 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

I am not trolling I am new to lexus and are much more complacted than my prevous cars (Honda) on thoes cars I didn't need help to find the problem? So can u help at all any ideas I am 17 I am not balling with money so... can you help?
Old 05-04-12, 08:46 AM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

there are plenty of shops that work on drift cars and heavily modded/lowered cars in the greater Seattle area. I used to live there. u should be able to find a legitimate shop to get yourself an alignment. as for your rear wheel problem, that's something you need to diagnose a bit yourself before we can help you too much. it could be something as simple as improperly tightening your lugs. need more info.
Old 05-04-12, 08:57 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

i live in vancouver seattle is 2 and a half hours away there are shops that charge alot and i dont have that kind of money i am at school right now i will look today after school and give more info the only thing i could think of being wrong would be the loose stock camber kit? i dont even wanna drive my car because it feels like the back wheel is wobbling it doesnt only feel like it i can hear it so after school i will look and give more info
Old 05-04-12, 09:21 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

6" drop is like asking for new controll arm bushings, ball joints, tires, wiring harness,
Not healthy at all for your car but....
Alignment at this point is worthless
Old 05-04-12, 09:26 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

i just lowerd my car three days ago if i raised it could i save all the truble of getting new bushings and ball joints? or it is to late i only dive about 3 miles a day to school and back
Old 05-04-12, 09:44 AM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

the stress placed on arms and bushings and related suspension gear is not necessarily an immediate thing, though in some cases it could be. in general if you raise your car a bit, you will relieve some of that stress and your stuff will last longer, providing you havent already blown something out with your ultra slam.

LEXXIUM, I wouldn't say an alignment is ever useless/worthless. although I understand you're being a bit sarcastic given the situation.

but yes, having a slammed/dumped car means you're putting your suspension under a type of load that it wasn't designed to handle, and it is a matter of time when things start to give. if you're on a tight budget like you say, it would be wise to raise your car a bit. you can still be low and look good, but you probably shouldnt try to be the lowest of the low until you can afford to replace things. with a moderate drop, your stuff should hold up just fine.
Old 05-04-12, 09:56 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

Thank u so much you two I am ganna raise my car today thanks again
Old 05-11-12, 07:44 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

i plan on dropping my car a good 2 inches from the front and 3-4 from the back (so the front and back sit level), what should i do to properly lower it?
Old 05-11-12, 09:08 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see you're in WA. after i installed coilovers on my 240 I had mine done at les schwab
Old 05-11-12, 09:37 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gah, i don't even remember what my car looked like at stock height. Post a picture mane, so we can see what you're workin with. Interestingly enough, i have yet to get any local shop to refuse my car.