Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Steering rack bushings review

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13, 05:06 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I ever going to get an answer to this? They are on their way here and I'm hesitant to install them, but I can't find anything conclusively bad about them on the forum.
Old 01-24-13, 06:05 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think he said that because Daizen no longer exists, I´m pretty sure you´ll receive some Prothane branded ones. Not bad at all.
Old 01-24-13, 07:48 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered some aluminum bushings from DM. He said they are about a week backlogged but should have them to me pretty soon. Does anyone know if they come with installation instructions?
Old 01-24-13, 11:11 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
I think he said that because Daizen no longer exists, I´m pretty sure you´ll receive some Prothane branded ones. Not bad at all.
Oh okay, I didn't know. Ordered from TMengineering, so I'm hoping the quality is still up to par.
Old 01-27-13, 08:50 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TMEngineering is still around?
Old 01-27-13, 10:18 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
Am I ever going to get an answer to this? They are on their way here and I'm hesitant to install them, but I can't find anything conclusively bad about them on the forum.
Originally Posted by eknine9
Oh okay, I didn't know. Ordered from TMengineering, so I'm hoping the quality is still up to par.
Ok, didn't want to scare you, but don't want you to wait for nothing either, I said what I said because a lot of people, and I mean a lot, have ordered Daizen through TM Engineering but never got their items. They'd also receive a shipping confirmation but it never arrives. So don't get your hopes up, and don't wait too long either that you can't get a refund back from your credit card. Good luck again.

Their are other companies that has the steering rack bushings in polyurethane for future reference which have also been mentioned in this same thread.
Old 01-28-13, 12:31 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people aren't aware of this, but Whiteline Suspension also makes Poly steering rack bushings for the SC300. It's what i'm currently running on my car...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=W11970
Old 01-28-13, 09:03 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

I just got these from Driftmotion (Battle). They look a little different than what the other kits come with (aside from the poly part)

Didn't come with any instructions whatsoever - just a sticker. WTF?
Old 01-28-13, 05:12 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Ok, didn't want to scare you, but don't want you to wait for nothing either, I said what I said because a lot of people, and I mean a lot, have ordered Daizen through TM Engineering but never got their items. They'd also receive a shipping confirmation but it never arrives. So don't get your hopes up, and don't wait too long either that you can't get a refund back from your credit card. Good luck again.

Their are other companies that has the steering rack bushings in polyurethane for future reference which have also been mentioned in this same thread.
Thank you, they still havent come in the mail yet. So I'm going to assume they aren't coming and I'm really glad I wrote down my order number and all of that jazz. I'll see if I can't get a refund and order from somewhere else.
Old 01-28-13, 09:43 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
I just got these from Driftmotion (Battle). They look a little different than what the other kits come with (aside from the poly part)

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309/drinkdontdrive/654DF9B3-56DB-4678-A39D-68EC234BB7C6-7275-000004E034A3C411.jpg[IMG]

Didn't come with any instructions whatsoever - just a sticker. WTF?

dont really need instructions. just take out the old bushing on the driver side and these just slip on. might need a hammer and a few light taps

have them on my car and they are awesome
Old 01-29-13, 09:18 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by k7q
dont really need instructions. just take out the old bushing on the driver side and these just slip on. might need a hammer and a few light taps

have them on my car and they are awesome
Having issues knocking my old ones out. Can't even get the lowers out. Not at all excited about the top ones! I was hoping they would just pop right out, but I guess mine aren't as worn as some peoples...

Last edited by Dx3; 01-29-13 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-30-13, 12:55 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Well I finally got them out after a lot of banging with the hammer. I guess I could have used a torch and melted the bushing... but I went the old fashioned way with a BFG.

One piece of advice I'd offer - make sure you get the rubber part back on the rack on the passenger side before you tighten anything down. I learned this the hard way and had to loosen everything all over again.

I haven't driven it yet as I'm running late, but hoping to notice a difference...

Last edited by Dx3; 01-30-13 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-13-13, 08:51 AM
mattjk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
A lot of people aren't aware of this, but Whiteline Suspension also makes Poly steering rack bushings for the SC300. It's what i'm currently running on my car...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=W11970
just ordered these, thanks for the link
Old 02-13-13, 10:10 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip

Yep they still aren't here, just filed a complaint with paypal to get my money back, it's been a month and no communication from him, no response on any of the 3 email addresses he has, no shipping confirmation, nothing.
Old 02-13-13, 09:12 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Got my aluminum Battle versions few months back, and finally installed them today along with the new energy suspension sway bar bushings. Took about couple of hours, everything went very smooth.
Will let you guys know how it goes when I get the car down, I cant wait to take her out.
Here are a few shots to get you guys heads up on what its like being there
Have fun and enjoy! Oh and sorry for some bad shots
Attached Thumbnails Steering rack bushings review-bushings.jpg   Steering rack bushings review-rack.png   Steering rack bushings review-bv-rack-bush.png   Steering rack bushings review-old-bushings.png   Steering rack bushings review-sway-bar-bushing.png  

Quick Reply: Steering rack bushings review