Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

cross drilled and slotted rotors for sc's

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-02, 04:22 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the price for CAD plated NON RUSTING rotors?

I spent 300 dollars on crossdrilled/slotted rotors thare are just rusting away like crap. I bought these from lexussc400.com or lexuspro...or whatever... Big big mistake... The site should have had some kind of additional option that would let the buyers choose whether they want them cad plated or not.
No mention of it whatsoever...
Old 11-26-02, 06:18 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There will be an option added very soon for that. The price for plating is another $60 or so.

Paint them with high temp paint on the hub to cover up that area.

Tony
Old 11-26-02, 07:41 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed some directional slotted rotors - not the ones mentioned in this thread - they are DBA made in Australia.
They have drilled and slotted or just directional slots.

The directional slotted rotors (different for left and right) are for track use, police cars and ambulances.

The cross-drilled and regular slotted rotors are for street use - not recommended for track use as the cross drilled holes promote cracking. Fine for posing on the street - they do look pretty - but not for serious track work.

Directional Slotted rotors:
http://www.dba.com.au/rotors_slotted.asp

Prettyboy cross-drilled rotors:
http://www.dba.com.au/rotors_gold.asp

Not sure if they make rotors for the standard V8 - my UZZ32 has the larger Twin Turbo brakes standard so getting the rotors was no problem.

Trying EBC green stuff pads at the moment too:
US:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/ebc/greenpads.jsp
Aust:
http://www.ebcbrakes.com.au/green.htm

Expensive pads at $220 Aud, greater bite for sure - very happy so far.

Got some fancy braided lines going on next week - can't wait:

http://www.lexus.australia.as/marketplace.htm

These lines are legal - they are so beautiful - seems a shame to hide them under the car where they will get muddy!
Attached Thumbnails cross drilled and slotted rotors for sc's-maltech_stainless_1web.jpg  
Old 11-27-02, 02:19 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ChronoJ1
What's the price for CAD plated NON RUSTING rotors?

I spent 300 dollars on crossdrilled/slotted rotors thare are just rusting away like crap. I bought these from lexussc400.com or lexuspro...or whatever... Big big mistake... The site should have had some kind of additional option that would let the buyers choose whether they want them cad plated or not.
No mention of it whatsoever...
I think that happens to most of them..they just rusts all over when it rains...You just gotta paint the rotors on places that the brake pads don't come into contact with..In my case I used a silver high heat paint so they can be hidden effectively
Old 11-30-02, 06:22 PM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default i got Bradi

i got some bradi's from ACleanSC4 about 8-9 months ago, they work great, i painted them black, there great for the price, you cant go wrong.

PS i used OEM pads to keep the noise and dust down.

Xavier
Old 11-30-02, 08:35 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

I'm definitely interested.

Quick questions I think anyone would probably be thinking:

1. What performance gains is there? How is it better than OEM? What are we talkin about here relatively - big or little difference?

2. Quality/Price over lifespan of the mod as compared to stock OEM, is it cheaper/more expenive?

3. How much would it take to install this? Any estimates?
Old 11-30-02, 09:16 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i've had my rotors from alceansc4 for a while and i like them. he's a trustworthy guy to work with.
Old 11-30-02, 10:26 PM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default just get them

there cheaper than OEM rotors, lexus OEM rotors are about $160 each (dont get those cheap autozone, pepboys, napa those are about $80 each) so there cheaper in the long run.

they last about the same, pads wear alil faster.

takes me about 1 1/2 hours to do all four rotors and pads.

they dont get as hot under extreme driving conditions, thats it, there just rotors, for the price you cant go wrong.

P.S. LEXUS SC rotors have a 1MM tolerance (its stamped on the rotor itself), which means usually you get 1 or 2 pad changes before you need to replace the rotors, ussually you can only resurface the rotors once if your lucky. those have been my experiences with the SC & LS rotors.

Also Acleansc4 is cool to deal with. ive gotten a couple of things from him, been real easy to work with.
Old 12-03-02, 10:07 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Legends6spd
I'm definitely interested.

Quick questions I think anyone would probably be thinking:

1. What performance gains is there? How is it better than OEM? What are we talkin about here relatively - big or little difference?

I have a set of directional slotted/drilled rotors. With stock pads, there is a slight improvement in dry braking, but a HUGE improvement in wet braking. That alone made it worthwhile for me.

2. Quality/Price over lifespan of the mod as compared to stock OEM, is it cheaper/more expenive?

I got my rotors for about $110 each. Cheaper than stock :-)

3. How much would it take to install this? Any estimates?
First time took me about 2hrs for all 4 wheels and most of that time was jacking up the car! The only "tricky" part is loosening/tightening the parking brake on the rear. If you're doing the rotors, I HIGHLY recommend the EBC pads, Greenstuff if you want max stopping power, or Redstuff if you want longer life. Both types will give better stopping and less dust than stock pads.

I consider this to be a worthwhile upgrade, but you should think about getting the Supra TT front calipers and rotors as well. I started with just the rotor upgrade and THEN decided to go with the Supra brakes - MASSIVE improvement!! (anybody wanna buy stock, front, red painted calipers (foliatec) and directional drilled/slotted rotors? less than 2k miles!)