Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Aligment issue, cant seem to find the problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-12, 11:23 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Thanks will look into this, does it mean I have structural damage?
Not structural, unless you hit something which damaged it or accident.

The sub-frame may of shifted when the suspension was being worked on because the shift in the weight load. All that needs to be done is for someone to specializes in it to adjust to the correct position.

Most general alignment shops don't touch the sub-frame either because they don't have the expertise to do it. Explains when some of the members shown the alignment report, the cambers in the front is not even between right and left. Even thou the cambers is not adjustable, the sub-frame can be corrected to even out the cambers, like how I have shown my reports; which also has shown the tire wear as well as mine is showing normal outer wear as opposed to the excessive inner wear.
Old 07-25-12, 09:03 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bringing this post back. my wheel does the same thing it happened when i slide off the road into some grass, i didnt hit anything but i was holding the wheel as it was tearing up some grass. i have gotten an alingment twice each time the car shows green tow as close to 0.00 as possible but for me to keep it straight i still have to turn to the left a bit.
are our cars drive by wire or rack and pinion? cant we just take off the steering wheel and adjust a knucle or two the opposite direction or even from the steering column?
what parts are actually included in the sub frame? is that what the control arms are connected too?
Old 07-26-12, 02:12 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

^Funny you bring this up, but I read someone on here recently helped their right-pull problem with inflating the right side tires 3 psi more that the left. I think I might try it out for a week to see what happens.
Old 07-30-12, 07:28 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

^^ thats just a bandage to the problem though. i use to fix alignment jobs on my old cars like that but the downside to raising the psi in one is that there is uneven wear on the tires. and the ride comfort is thrown off a bit.
i wish i had a mechanic shop i could go to without hassle and daignose this issue its hard to work with the suspension on jack stands. but i think i'm going to and mess with the sway and actually check if we can just adjust the rack a couple knuckles over. but I'm starting to think its radial pull from my continental dws tires. maybe i will rotate my two front tires, if it starting pulling left then i know its the tires. i just have to find a day to sit and work in the car.
Old 07-30-12, 11:23 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

^If you need to rotate your tires, don't let this stop you. But I recently did a tire rotation on all 4 tires and it did not help the phantom pull situation.
Old 07-30-12, 01:25 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I am having the same problem too on stock wheels but lowered with coilovers. I got an alignment and it didn't fix the problem.
Old 07-30-12, 02:22 PM
euroimage
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I am having the same problem too on stock wheels but lowered with coilovers. I got an alignment and it didn't fix the problem.
i had this problem as well. my friend was the one doing the alignment at his shop. everything was within spec but took him 3 or 4 alignments to get the wheel straight (although the specs remained the same)
think it may have something to do with the electric rack. ( i am no expert on electric racks but used to work at an alignment shop and never saw this issue with standard hydraulic racks)
my fix was just patience and redoing it until it was right, since then no problems, but i dread another alignment
Old 07-31-12, 06:46 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by euroimage
i had this problem as well. my friend was the one doing the alignment at his shop. everything was within spec but took him 3 or 4 alignments to get the wheel straight (although the specs remained the same)
think it may have something to do with the electric rack. ( i am no expert on electric racks but used to work at an alignment shop and never saw this issue with standard hydraulic racks)
my fix was just patience and redoing it until it was right, since then no problems, but i dread another alignment
alignments are pricey im thinking maybe some one needs to sit in the car and hold the wheel to balance it out correctly. but most alignment shops wont allow this. so doing multiple alignments will be really expensive.
so our cars are drive by wire? so moving the wheel a knuckle over wouldnt be possible.
i wonder if we can personally do an alignment on the car like a bicycle hold the wheels steady on the floor and just turn the steering wheel, wonder if that will mess anything up. lol
Old 07-31-12, 06:47 AM
rayac88
Pole Position

also i have my rear right wheel out of camber my left rear is around 1.7 degrees and my right is around 2.2 degrees. what would cause that?
Old 07-31-12, 07:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,956 Likes on 2,396 Posts

Originally Posted by rayac88
alignments are pricey im thinking maybe some one needs to sit in the car and hold the wheel to balance it out correctly. but most alignment shops wont allow this...l
Go somewhere that does. You'll be amazed at the difference. I wouldn't get my car aligned at a place where they won't let me sit in the car.
Old 08-01-12, 08:58 AM
euroimage
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayac88
alignments are pricey im thinking maybe some one needs to sit in the car and hold the wheel to balance it out correctly. but most alignment shops wont allow this. so doing multiple alignments will be really expensive.
so our cars are drive by wire? so moving the wheel a knuckle over wouldnt be possible.
i wonder if we can personally do an alignment on the car like a bicycle hold the wheels steady on the floor and just turn the steering wheel, wonder if that will mess anything up. lol
just dont accept the car back until you are satisfied. if you're paying a shop its their job to do it right.