Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

For those who installed fsport shocks after springs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 05:48 PM
Tecnica
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who installed fsport shocks after springs...

Have you noticed an improvement in ride quality? I recently installed fsport springs on my awd 350 and while I don't mind the stiffness over bumps, the ride can be bouncy on uneven surfaces. I understand that this is due to the progressive nature of the springs, but was wondering if the fsport shocks would help any bit? If not, should I be considering coilovers to reduce the bouncing? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Tecnica; 07-27-12 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 11:11 PM
topspeed55
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tecnica
Have you noticed an improvement in ride quality? I recently installed fsport springs on my awd 350 and while I don't mind the stiffness over bumps, the ride can be extremely bouncy on uneven surfaces. I understand that this is due to the progressive nature of the springs, but was wondering if the fsport shocks would help any bit? If not, should I be considering coilovers to reduce the bouncing? Thanks for your help.
I can't comment on f-sport shocks as I have stock shock, but pretty new with only 12K miles on them. The ride is definitely NOT bouncy, never mind "extremely" bouncy. The progressive nature of the springs is actually supposed to retain a smooth ride so I don't know what you are saying. The short spaced coils give its smooth ride, while the large spaced coils are the stiff part of the springs. How many miles do you have on your stock shocks, I bet they are on their way out and that explains why you are experiencing a bouncy ride.