Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Prokit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-02, 06:21 AM
markie4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Prokit

I was wondering if anyone had pics of their car before and after putting in the Eibach ProKit. I am debating wether to put in either the Eibach ProKit, or get the Eibach Supra TT springs instead. I am wondering whether the extra .3 of an inch will make that big of a difference in looks. Please post any pictures that you may have of either the Eibach ProKit or Supra TT springs. Thanks
Old 11-27-02, 01:01 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

markie4,

There are pics on the forum already. You may want to search for them. i think the guys car is white.

The .3" difference is ONLY in the front of the car. You require Supra shocks in the rear to make the springs seat correctly. The OEM supra rear shocks are $25ish. Installation is simple if you know what you are doing. You don't 'need' compressors. If pay someone it will be 4-8hours labor depending on the shop. The ride is dramatically different between the two. You WILL have to do an alignment and the Supra springs won't align within the specs with the factory hardware. Someone will have to rig more camber. Any rim over 8.5" will rub at 1.3" drop.

Okay...I think that covers all the questions you may have.

MW
Old 11-27-02, 05:44 PM
markie4
Rookie

I seem to read in the forums that if you do use the Eibach TT springs for the Supra, then by aligning the car you can pull it back to factory settings. Is this not correct? If so, do I need a camber kit correction if I am to lower my car using the Eibach TT Springs for the Supra? Also, I have not seen a side by side comparision of either a car without Eibach Prokits for the SC300 and a car with the Eibach Prokits for the SC300, and the Eibach Supra springs. It sounds like for the extra .3 drop in the front, it will be more trouble than its worth. With the Eibach Prokit for the sc300, will I need a camber kit correction? How about an alignment? When you say that the rear shocks for the Supra are 25 dollars, I thought you purchase these in a set from KYB, then you would get all 4 shocks. I guess I am worried that if I lower my car using the Eibach Prokits which is only a one inch drop, will it be a noticeable difference, or will the Supra springs look that much better. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-27-02, 11:55 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Markie,

you REALLY need to search. All your questions have been answered a few times.

There is no difference in LOOKS between an SC400 dropped 1.3" and a SC300 dropped the SAME. LEX400SC's car is dropped that far. Then there are about 20 others with the 1" eibachs.

There is no camber kit for an SC

You always need an alignment when changing the suspension ride height.

Of course a 1" drop is noticeable.

Supra springs will look better...but you will pay later.

MW

With that said, do a search...please.
Old 11-28-02, 04:20 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will pay later.

What is that suppose to mean? Is there something I don't know?????
Old 11-28-02, 09:11 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one of our customers' car with the Eibach springs...

Do remember that most of the cars have sagged springs now, so you may not see that much of a drop.

You will pay later...that's for sure hah!

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Prokit-side-view.gif  

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 11-28-02 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-28-02, 09:15 PM
markie4
Rookie

Is this the Eibach Supra TT springs of a 1.3 inch drop on the front and one inch drop in the back? Or is this the Eibach Prokit SC300 springs that are an inch all around? Also pcmw what do you mean that you will pay later for the Supra springs? I thought that I read that a person on this forum lowered the card using the Supra springs and was able to align the car back into factory settings? Please let me know. Thanks
Old 11-29-02, 02:33 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

what I want to know is if I use the Eibach Supra springs, will I pay later more than using the sc springs???
Old 11-29-02, 02:46 AM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

are ya'll saying that the supra spring setup is a bad idea?
Old 11-29-02, 04:34 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why even use the Supra ones? There is no real purpose. There really isn't.

If you lower your car more than 1" the shocks are too long anyways so your car will ride like crap and handle even worse!
Old 11-29-02, 05:35 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

how much like crap are we talking about? How will it affect the handling? When you use the supra rear springs, you use the supra rear shocks, so how would the shock be too long?

I ordered my supra shocks already, but they haven't arrived. Please let me know exactly what you mean before I get the springs and install them. I don't want to find out something will go wrong after I get the springs and install them.
Old 11-30-02, 12:00 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Default hmmmm

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Why even use the Supra ones? There is no real purpose. There really isn't.

If you lower your car more than 1" the shocks are too long anyways so your car will ride like crap and handle even worse!
Will .3" even make that much of a difference in ride quality to notice it?
We still don't know what this you pay later thing means.
Old 12-01-02, 03:21 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Okay,

Very simple.

The car is designed for certain geometry. That geometry can afford a modification of about an inch before it beings to get out of line. The fact that you may get your car with some modification back into factory spec at a stand still will not mean that you get a perfectly aligned vehicle. If the car is only .1 degree past the limits the factory sets then you would be paying for tires much faster than normal. That is what I meant by you will pay in the long run.

The reference that Todd is making is that the extra .3" drop is not a real benefit to handling or to looks. But, the .3" makes a huge difference because the shock design, car suspension, ride comfort, and alignment all become very erradict at the 1.3" level.

Do the right thing.....do it right.

MW
Old 12-01-02, 03:45 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

so you guys are arguing to stay with the suspension setups specifically for the sc's, and not go with the supra setups?
Old 12-01-02, 05:31 AM
markie4
Rookie

It seems like you are guys are saying that the extra .3 inch drop for the SC will make it so that pulling the car back into stock alignment will be too difficult. Whereas the Eibach Prokits made for the SC which only drops the car an inch can pull the car back into factory alignment which in the long run will not wear our tires out excessively. Basically for the extra .3 inch drop in the front, in the long run you will pay because of the wear on the tires due to the camber being unable to be corrected. Thus you guys would advise only using the Eibach Prokits with the one inch drop all around to ensure which would keep the costs down as the car can be pulled back into factory alignment whereas the Supra Eibach springs on the SC cannot. Is this correct? Thanks

Quick Reply: Eibach Prokit