Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lower ball joints, outer tie rods, caster arms installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 08:14 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Bull*****!! For you to make this bold statement, I'm sure you have facts to back up the claim right? The OEM LBJ is a piece of crap that has plauge this model since 93! I think they finally got it right with the 06+ models since I don't hear about lbj failures. You are totally correct about the UCA. I would purchase OEM, but for lbj's, I would only purchase Moog...quality part made in Japan. Show me a Moog failure. Camry or GS...doesn't matter. Both are quality cars made by Toyota.
I know you got your thing about the Moog LBJ's but I was referring to the UCA. NOT the LBJ

Read carefully and thoroughly

Last edited by repugnante; 11-16-12 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-16-12, 08:19 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaLex
This is a crock of S.

The non-OEM auto-parts manufacturers will often utilize used OEM parts, refinish them, slap in new bushings, and resell them (that's why many suspension parts require core). Although you are right that some brands use inferior bushings, MOOG is a very reputable company and even supplies OEM suspension parts to some auto manufacturers. Other than the bushings, you can't really screw this up.

And what do you mean, "The OEM UCA are specifically made" ? And you are saying that the OEM uppers have poly bushings? I doubt it, but maybe someone can confirm or deny.

And these are upper control arms, not heart surgery equipment. Non OEM manufacturers can and do duplicate this part all the time in fact.

But to your defense, I've seen several brands of suspension parts up close and personal. I'm glad to use OEM or MOOG. I haven't been too impressed with other brands, mostly due to bushing quality.
Watch your tone...

I stated that I was TOLD that they have poly bushings in them. I'm trying to find justification on why they are $350 a piece. Tell you what kid....go and slap on a set of Beck Arnley or any other brand UCA's on your car and be cheap about it.

I don't go cheap on parts like this. Not the UCA's. Not on these cars. I chose to go OEM.
Old 11-16-12, 10:21 AM
baconcake
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by repugnante
Watch your tone...

I stated that I was TOLD that they have poly bushings in them. I'm trying to find justification on why they are $350 a piece. Tell you what kid....go and slap on a set of Beck Arnley or any other brand UCA's on your car and be cheap about it.

I don't go cheap on parts like this. Not the UCA's. Not on these cars. I chose to go OEM.
You tell him to watch his tone and then go on and refer to him as a kid...that should bring about a nice response. Don't know why you tell him to use Beck Arnley when he said he only uses OEM or MOOG.
Old 11-16-12, 10:23 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

You made a few comments in post#26 that were nonsensical and/or just plain wrong. As a result, you got quickly corrected by two members. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's just an internet auto forum... nothing to get too excited about.