Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Two F-Sport BBK Questions in one post

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 02:31 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Two F-Sport BBK Questions in one post

Hi All,
I have 2 F-Sport BBK questions for you (although I'm sure these questions can be applied to any BBK)

1. This may not be an easy question to answer on a forum, but how do you service the F-Sport BBKs? I have lots of experience servicing regular, "non-performance" brakes, but I'm not sure about these?

2. How will these hold up in winter (in terms of corrosion) and are there any steps anyone can recommend to keep them looking that pretty, untarnished F-Sport blue? I'm in Canada, so the roads are salted here. My initial thought is to keep a spray bottle of deionized water in the trunk and spray them down at the end of each day?

Thanks everyone. I have to say I haven't posted much on this forum, but I've been a big fan since I bought my IS250 about 6 months ago. Props to the mods for creating the FAQ, that section is GOLD!
Old 10-18-12, 09:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Hi All,
I have 2 F-Sport BBK questions for you (although I'm sure these questions can be applied to any BBK)

1. This may not be an easy question to answer on a forum, but how do you service the F-Sport BBKs? I have lots of experience servicing regular, "non-performance" brakes, but I'm not sure about these?

2. How will these hold up in winter (in terms of corrosion) and are there any steps anyone can recommend to keep them looking that pretty, untarnished F-Sport blue? I'm in Canada, so the roads are salted here. My initial thought is to keep a spray bottle of deionized water in the trunk and spray them down at the end of each day?

Thanks everyone. I have to say I haven't posted much on this forum, but I've been a big fan since I bought my IS250 about 6 months ago. Props to the mods for creating the FAQ, that section is GOLD!
Hi, sorry I live in Cali so winters here aren't so bad but to keep my F-Sports clean, I simply wash the car, brakes and wheels once a week to keep them all in pristine condition. The deionized water sounds like a good idea.

As for servicing, I haven't had to do much of anything for my F-Sport brakes. A brake flush at the recommended intervals, and replacing pads and rotors when they are at minimum should do the trick. Brakes are brakes (some are just better than others )
Old 10-19-12, 07:37 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I probably should have been a little more specific - how do you even get the pads out? And are there any parts that should be lubricated i.e. like how you would lubricate the caliper slides on standard brakes.
Old 10-19-12, 09:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Thanks for the reply. I probably should have been a little more specific - how do you even get the pads out? And are there any parts that should be lubricated i.e. like how you would lubricate the caliper slides on standard brakes.
All the parts are same save for the F-Sports are just "better". Service them like any other brake. Normal flush, pads changed at 2-4mm. Rotors turned if possible (some shops won't do drilled), dust boots on pistons are lubricated etc...