Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will these struts fit my 1992 SC400? (newb question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 04:32 PM
rodolfo400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these struts fit my 1992 SC400? (newb question)

I need new struts for my 1992 SC400 and saw these advertised on craigslist.
ad says it fits an SC400, and that they're off a supra tt
but mine look different
please help thanks!
Old 11-07-12, 04:47 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Not sure how yours look different (elaborate on what looks different) But yes these will work and be a tad lower then the sc400 stock if they are indeed off a supra. You will need supra springs though, sc springs won't work
Old 11-08-12, 09:43 AM
rodolfo400
Driver School Candidate

well i put my SC on a jack and you can see the actual spring but on these you cant. will they still fit?
Old 11-08-12, 09:55 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are u confused about? You bought shocks, not shocks and springs, you cant put shocks on ur car with no springs, well you could but it would be very stupid.

Like rcchris7 said, you need to buy supra springs, OEM or aftermarket lowering springs
Old 11-08-12, 01:31 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are just shocks not springs. If it's a good deal then it's worth it so you can run Supra springs and lower the car. Or you can cut the old lower perches off your old SC shocks and put them on top of the Supra lower perches so you can still use your SC springs resulting in no drop.

I'm surprised how many people need stock OEM shocks/springs but when I put mine up on the "Pay It Forward" thread no one wanted them. I just ended up throwing them away.
Old 11-08-12, 05:14 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Midengtoy
Those are just shocks not springs. If it's a good deal then it's worth it so you can run Supra springs and lower the car. Or you can cut the old lower perches off your old SC shocks and put them on top of the Supra lower perches so you can still use your SC springs resulting in no drop.

I'm surprised how many people need stock OEM shocks/springs but when I put mine up on the "Pay It Forward" thread no one wanted them. I just ended up throwing them away.
It's a shame no one took them off your hands but hey you tried right?

About the cutting the spring perches thing, what exactly would you use to cut it off? Also, tell me if I'm just paranoid but wouldnt the heat from cutting make the oil inside the shock explode or something? lol
Old 11-13-12, 03:49 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Candela
It's a shame no one took them off your hands but hey you tried right?

About the cutting the spring perches thing, what exactly would you use to cut it off? Also, tell me if I'm just paranoid but wouldnt the heat from cutting make the oil inside the shock explode or something? lol
Not sure what you would use to cut it off. I seen another fellow member on here with stock Supra shocks and he used his SC perches and just stacked it on top of the Supra perches. They were shaped the same too so it wouldn't move around or fall out. Only cut if your old shocks are junk though.
Old 11-13-12, 08:22 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Well if you're cutting the perches off SC shocks to use them on Supra shocks of course the SC shocks would be junk lol. Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that thread, however I can't recall the name of the thread. I'll try and search for it and link it.
Old 11-15-12, 11:30 AM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Candela
Well if you're cutting the perches off SC shocks to use them on Supra shocks of course the SC shocks would be junk lol. Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that thread, however I can't recall the name of the thread. I'll try and search for it and link it.
LOL! Sorry it wasn't directed towards you. Some people just might not be as smart as you and go ruin something they don't need to.