Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help on rear left wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-12, 11:25 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help on rear left wheel.

It's been a minute CL, been busy working on my other toy car, and have finally decided that the SC has accumulated too much dust on her.

Anyway on to the problem;

On my left rear (drivers side) the rotor only has an outline on the outer perimeter of the rotor. I have since replaced; hub, rotor, caliper, brake pads, and no matter what it still has the same wear.

I have an ABS code (34) which indicates the rear left ABS sensor, which I have replaced and the code still appears.

I have bleed both the TRAC, and ABS accumulators, and neither one of them had air.

When I bleed the rear caliper, it only puts out a little bit of fluid. It just slowly drips out, the other three shoots it out, in a Peter North-esque style.

When I first got the car, I put stainless brake lines on it.

Any help please, no idea what this could be, I wanted to replace the master itself, but upon inspection the master only has two ports (front and rear), so if it were an issue with the master, I would believe that the other rear caliper would have the same symptoms.
Old 11-28-12, 12:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it the OEM brake calipers with the slide pins? If so, the one or both slide pins might be stuck. The slide pins should easily slide in and out with only a little bit of force. When one or both slide pins is stuck, what happens is, one side rests on the rotor first when you're pumping the brakes, that causes the uneven wear.
Old 11-28-12, 01:07 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to say it, but I don't remember. The thing I'm concerned is the fluid not actually making it out of the caliper.

Well, there's fluid, but not as much as the other three when I'm bleeding it.
Old 11-28-12, 01:51 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I doubt that there's a bend or clog through the line, but it wouldn't hurt following the line and checking if there is. It's on the left side of along the chassis. And if you're not sure about the slide pins, check them. Cause again, if one or both slide pins isn't sliding in and out then the brake piston isn't compressing and causing the brake fluid to not build the right or enough amount of pressure it's supposed to.