Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

01 lexus gs430 with supra tt brake setup??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12, 05:43 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 01 lexus gs430 with supra tt brake setup??

So I've done my searches and not much has come up about the gs430s and the supra tt brake system?? Can anyone fill me up on some info? I'd rather get the tt brake setup than the ls400 ones.

430 people I need your help ASAP!!! Front passenger Oem caliper is seized!! So as soon as I get some solid info, I'm gonna get it done. Thanks
Old 12-13-12, 06:22 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

what info do you need? lol It fits, I have a set of supra TT calipers + rotors + project Mu's sleeping in a box in my living room. Too lazy to order SS brake lines + new discs.
Old 12-13-12, 09:31 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Direct bolt on? No cutting or welding!?
Old 12-14-12, 02:21 AM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

should be direct bolt on, you might have to trim or bend the oem dust shield though. and oem wheels won't fit. You need at least a 15mm spacer to clear with the oem wheels
Old 12-14-12, 06:33 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by neegroy
So as soon as I get some solid info, I'm gonna get it done
y didnt you just post this in one of the numerous supra TT threads? i dunno why people always think the GS430 is special when it comes to brakes/suspension, its not!

what "solid" info do you need.....? people don't always specify that things will or wont work for the GS430 brake/suspension wise because ALL 2nd gen GS's share the same suspension/braking systems so if it fits the GS300/GS400 it will fit the GS430 also. if the gs300/gs400 has to shave/cut/roll/modify something to install......so does the GS430 the only real differences in our car is the motor

just a ?......y would u rather have the TT setup? LS setup has more advantages....specifically its cheaper to buy and it fits bigger rotors

Last edited by sakataj; 12-14-12 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-14-12, 06:48 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car came with the Supra TT brakes up front. From what I see the only thing that was done was the dust shields were removed. I use Brembo Supra drilled rotors. Everything bolts right up & no need for RCAs to clear anything. I also used factory Supra TT pads.
Old 12-14-12, 09:27 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
y didnt you just post this in one of the numerous supra TT threads? i dunno why people always think the GS430 is special when it comes to brakes/suspension, its not!

what "solid" info do you need.....? people don't always specify that things will or wont work for the GS430 brake/suspension wise because ALL 2nd gen GS's share the same suspension/braking systems so if it fits the GS300/GS400 it will fit the GS430 also. if the gs300/gs400 has to shave/cut/roll/modify something to install......so does the GS430 the only real differences in our car is the motor

just a ?......y would u rather have the TT setup? LS setup has more advantages....specifically its cheaper to buy and it fits bigger rotors
Can you shed some more light on the ls400 setup
Old 12-14-12, 09:34 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The LS400 brakes will perform just as good, cheaper, more clearance if you plan on nice wheels later. Just a few things
Old 12-14-12, 09:35 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS400 brake setup

You will need ls400 calipers, brake pads, and rotor and the bolts or use your factory bolts with some washers. They are aluminum caliper so they are lighter than TT caliper and cheaper. YOu can get a reman set from autozone for 100 a caliper or cheaper I can't remember. I have them on my SC the ls400 brakes and man do they brake hard. The rotor size is 12.5 -13 inches i believe. Massive difference in braking compared to the stock 2gs brakes and they look a lot better as the caliper has the mounting bracket built into them.
Old 12-15-12, 05:15 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

search, there are numerous threads covering this

Originally Posted by jwin
LS400 brake setup

You will need ls400 calipers, brake pads, and rotor and the bolts or use your factory bolts with some washers. They are aluminum caliper so they are lighter than TT caliper and cheaper. YOu can get a reman set from autozone for 100 a caliper or cheaper I can't remember. I have them on my SC the ls400 brakes and man do they brake hard. The rotor size is 12.5 -13 inches i believe. Massive difference in braking compared to the stock 2gs brakes and they look a lot better as the caliper has the mounting bracket built into them.
you will also need a RCA (17 or 19mm at a minimum i think) as shaving the bolts is NOT a safe way to mount these
Old 12-15-12, 08:30 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

98-05 gs300/400/430 all use the same brake caliper.
Old 12-15-12, 10:14 PM
Jonb42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the tt front calipers. All I needed to do was bend the dust shield. Very easy. I got them for a real good price on the bay and ordered 2 piece rotors dba 5000xs with hawk hps pads from stillin. They were a Lil expensive but they are awesome. Stops twice as good as stock. They were definitely worth it. And the rotors are supposted to be indestructible. I made the mistake of ordering the rear calipers also. Don't do it. It's to much work for not enough benifet to make them work. The ls calipers require RCA spacers and I believe tie rod ends to clear the factory suspension. Tt requires nada. Go tt. You'll love them.
Old 12-16-12, 07:45 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
for me i chose supra brakes, because there is no need to cut and no need for a rca just a direct bolt on.. also there is more aftermarket support for rotors and pads.
Old 12-16-12, 07:21 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there are pros and cons to each brake setup.

sizing wise they are very very similar,

- supra TT brakes aren't as easy to come by as LS400 brakes surprisingly.
- more aftermarket support for supra TT brakes
- ls400 brakes are aluminum, unsprung weight is physically less than the stock gs300/400/430 brakes. compared to the cast iron supra TT
- supra TT straight bolt on, ls400 need rca's.
Old 12-17-12, 07:45 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
there are pros and cons to each brake setup.

sizing wise they are very very similar,

- supra TT brakes aren't as easy to come by as LS400 brakes surprisingly.
- more aftermarket support for supra TT brakes
- ls400 brakes are aluminum, unsprung weight is physically less than the stock gs300/400/430 brakes. compared to the cast iron supra TT
- supra TT straight bolt on, ls400 need rca's.
Originally Posted by sinistervr
for me i chose supra brakes, because there is no need to cut and no need for a rca just a direct bolt on.. also there is more aftermarket support for rotors and pads.
Originally Posted by Jonb42
I just did the tt front calipers. All I needed to do was bend the dust shield. Very easy. I got them for a real good price on the bay and ordered 2 piece rotors dba 5000xs with hawk hps pads from stillin. They were a Lil expensive but they are awesome. Stops twice as good as stock. They were definitely worth it. And the rotors are supposted to be indestructible. I made the mistake of ordering the rear calipers also. Don't do it. It's to much work for not enough benifet to make them work. The ls calipers require RCA spacers and I believe tie rod ends to clear the factory suspension. Tt requires nada. Go tt. You'll love them.
Thanks for the input fellas!

supra TT is the way im going! so when ordering rotors and pads it has to be able to fit the supra tt right? i also need stainless steel lines, any recommendations?

Quick Reply: 01 lexus gs430 with supra tt brake setup??