Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dropped on F-sport springs and 18s...Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 01:21 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silvaIS
that is correct!!!

do I have a better option, other than going back stock
omg....approximately 300 for springs, 700 for shocks....850 for install
that's almost enough to buy kwv3.............too bad they don't make one for our cars
Old 02-12-13, 01:24 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by silvaIS
So they quoted me $850 which will include all 4 Shocks and obviously they will need to remove the springs from old shocks and replace onto the new ones and align everything properly.

I have 13,000 miles on my car which is 2011 yes. The service Manager is trying to approve the OEM shock under warranty but I am not sure if that will work because they know it was damaged because of the f sport springs which they say needs to be used with f-sport shocks. They also said the work and I am assuming shocks and springs will be covered for a year. The springs I ordered from Sewell parts and the shocks I got on ebay from Lexus of Miami because it was a better deal in terms of free shipping.

I am guessing I can turn to them if I have a warranty issue or maybe because its a lexus dealership they might warranty it here in NY aswell not sure about all these things yet. I got my self in whirlwind with all these mods
no it doesn't NEED to be used with fsport shocks, if they feed that on you then they're full of crap
any shop offers 1-year service warranty, it's not a lexus thing
you'd be surprised how incompetent most dealer technicians are (not all of course)
Old 02-12-13, 01:40 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
and that's exactly what bob is saying
you can do the exact same thing with coilovers for LESS than springs + shock combo
you can lower it however low you want and adjust dampening however hard/soft you want for comfort
you buy coils for its adjustability, not for slamming (although that's what most modders do)
if you don't lower it lower than 24" fender to ground (considering 19" wheels) then you won't have those issues

in other words, you can spend LESS money buying coils, lower the car to SAME/SIMILAR height of that with fsport springs, AND still have the option to adjust dampening if you find it uncomfortable and too harsh for the road (which is apparently what happened with OP and fsport springs alone)

.......................or you can get maybe tokico hts adjustable shocks if they make one for our cars (shocks that can adjust dampening ...not height)
I cant say if you can have the same ride heigh of Fsport springs because the drop for the Megan EZs is I think 2 inches out of the box. You should be able to raise it tho.

But anyways, I was considering springs for over a year and looked into every option and its just not worth getting over a set of coils.
Old 02-15-13, 05:00 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

well its done....got the call from Lexus about to get dressed to go pick up my baby...

I will keep you guys updated on the ride with f-sports shocks and springs combo...

btw they gave me the rx as a loaner and oh man its such a worry free driving experience. just my two cents...i think next car"some sort of SUV"
Old 02-15-13, 09:33 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

baller
$850 for install and alignment
Old 02-15-13, 01:21 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow $850, I did install the f-sport shocks and springs by myself and took 4hrs but anyway you would love the performance of the F-sport.
Old 02-16-13, 07:41 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silva I hope you LOVE the way the car came out my friend.... because they got you, with no vaseline. You spent over $1500 on a set of Fsport springs and Fsportshocks

I wonder why you post here on the forums if you arent going to listen to friendly advice. Fsport springs cant be matted to stock shocks? I would file a claim with corporate against the individual who said this.

I rode my stock shocks and Roadmagnet springs (2.25" drop) for almost 10K miles and never once did my shocks go out. They dont want to replace your stock shocks because one of their OEM APPROVED parts blew them? Another claim.

I hate to sound like a deuschbag here but had you listened to your peers on here you would still have $800 in your pocket.

Anyway what's done is done, I hope it fixed your issue and the ride feels better. I was in NY for my first time in May and I understand what you mean.
Old 02-16-13, 09:00 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Silva I hope you LOVE the way the car came out my friend.... because they got you, with no vaseline. You spent over $1500 on a set of Fsport springs and Fsportshocks

I wonder why you post here on the forums if you arent going to listen to friendly advice. Fsport springs cant be matted to stock shocks? I would file a claim with corporate against the individual who said this.

I rode my stock shocks and Roadmagnet springs (2.25" drop) for almost 10K miles and never once did my shocks go out. They dont want to replace your stock shocks because one of their OEM APPROVED parts blew them? Another claim.

I hate to sound like a deuschbag here but had you listened to your peers on here you would still have $800 in your pocket.

Anyway what's done is done, I hope it fixed your issue and the ride feels better. I was in NY for my first time in May and I understand what you mean.

I am actually ok with the money part, and they did replace the stock shock under warranty. Still not crazy about the ride. It's just not meant for roads in NYC . So if I would have placed anything but fsport I would have a headache if I had a problem, now I can go Lexus if something happens
Old 02-19-13, 05:07 AM
Rolando38
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally like Eibachs sportline, 2" drop, kind of stiff but awesome handling.
Old 02-19-13, 08:03 AM
2010Lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LWKT
So, just to clarify. Stock shocks with springs is bad. F shocks and F springs is good. This came from lexus right SilvaIS?
The same thing happened to me on a different vehicle, the installer used the wrong tool (Vice grip to hold the shock rod while he took off the top nut the shock spun) in turn breaking the seal and causing the shocks to blow. After a threat of court action he admitted it and I saw the teeth marks on my shock. I have been on HR springs for almost a year and I have hit some effin craters local and on the highways. All is well so far....
Old 02-21-13, 02:57 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Default couple of updated shots

I guess im getting used to it now...but I might be looking into a bit higher profile on the tire. right now its 225 40 18 maybe I can bump it up to 235 40 or 225 45
Old 02-27-13, 10:45 AM
Samieee
Pole Position

So the new photos show Fsport springs and shocks?