Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 11:30 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a few different options, we deal with suspensions mainly, so feel free to send us a message and we'll be glad to help you out
Old 02-12-13, 11:33 AM
mexikan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
haha, man thats a lot of questions. but i sure wish someone woulda answered those for me without searching for 2 months. I will add the whole process ( i tried to take as many pics as i could ) to my build thread as soon as i can sort through them. To answer your questions:::... .. .

I believe the final measurement i felt completely happy with ended up being 24 and a 1/4 in from ground to center of wheel well.

Nothing rubs. Well, i suppose if i drove like an idiot i could get everything to rub haha. If i hit a big dip in the road dead on i will feel the inevitable upper control arm bang against the shock tower. Which would be an easy enough fix. But i been driving lowered vehicles forever, so i know my angles and limits and AZ is a very flat streeted state in general. I had to cut / shave my fenders. Didn't have to roll them but i shaved a good amount out of them and what was left of the splash guards went into the trash can. Once i did that i had at least a finger or two of room between tire and fender.

I replaced the ball joints. And while i was under there tried to tighten any bolt i saw and most were all snug. I noticed my upper control arms had been replaced and were newer so that eased my mind. Tie rods looked fine also but not sure how to tell if they were bad anyways.

As far as the ride, i am sure you have seen the various "megan ez" threads where people are like "rides just as good as factory" and you don't know if they are saying that because they are so happy that they are lowered but i can tell you the ride is"pretty much as good as factory" but better to me because it doesn't have the body roll it had before. It pretty much rides on rails and i am sure strut bars and sway etc can only make it better. It has a little bit of a "lowered car bounce" i guess but i clicked my damper on the Megans all the way down to the 2nd to last HARD setting. I didnt want too much travel and that feels dayum good to me.

Someone mentioned to check what i was on as i felt it had lowering springs already. And it did. It had Eibach Pro Lowering Springs and KYB Struts. Looking back at the last picture i took of it on the springs almost makes me laugh that i thought it looked decent.

My car is sitting at 199,992 Miles. I just put a post-it note on my dash saying "bring camera" to take a picture of the odometer hitting the monumental 200,000 Mile mark on her. Since the person that owned the car before me is overseas serving i haven't any info on when those Eibach's were installed.

Most places that sell the Megan's will price match anybody else that sells them within a few dollars. Once i figured that out i didn't much care who sold them to me because at the time they were on backorder from Megan so nobody had them in stock. I just started searching and calling anyone i could find that had them. I sent all the places a note saying, "do you have in stock and will you match this price" etc.. - I ended up getting mine from "ar_racing09" <-ebay name - in Chicago.

Overall i love them. But overall i have fallen in love with this GS for so many reasons. The aftermarket world and do it yourself options on this car is mind-blowing. Also seems so easy to work on ( kinda like a chevy truck ).
Here's a quick teaser for ya. Hope that answered your questions.

So it's about 2 fingers from beer can to exhaust tip lol... I'll keep that in mind when I do my car ..jajajaja that's a good way to put it ...how about the front did you use the same technique... just wondering.
Old 02-12-13, 11:58 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mexikan
So it's about 2 fingers from beer can to exhaust tip lol... I'll keep that in mind when I do my car ..jajajaja that's a good way to put it ...how about the front did you use the same technique... just wondering.
I just did a full write up on the install at my build thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post7761223