Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Wheel bearing installed noise came back...Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 02:16 PM
DRELOC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel bearing installed noise came back...Help!!!

I had a shop installed both front wheel bearings last Friday took it for a test drive with the Tech and we didn't hear any noise whatsoever except from my tires. So i went home and parked the car for a few days then take it for a ride today and the noise came back. Called the shop and they kept saying it's the tires but i explained to them it's making the same noise as before the bearing was installed. Now they're saying it might be the rear bearings that's going bad.

I don't have any money for them to replace something that's not gonna fix the real issues.
The wheel bearings is Beck/Arnley brand and my tires are Ventus V12.
Any inputs or maybe suggestions on what to look for or check? Maybe they missed something when they replace the bearings? Thanks in advance

Andre
Old 03-30-13, 03:37 PM
JEBAAY
Driver

Take it back and have the "TECH" check it again and Test drive it again to see if the noise is actually coming from the rear.
Old 03-30-13, 10:14 PM
DRELOC
Driver

Originally Posted by JEBAAY
Take it back and have the "TECH" check it again and Test drive it again to see if the noise is actually coming from the rear.
Are there any other parts within the suspension area that can replicate the sound of the wheel bearings going out?
Old 03-31-13, 08:46 PM
adamlf
Driver School Candidate

Does the sound change when you load one side of the car vs the other, IE is it louder on left turns that right turns or visa versa?
Old 03-31-13, 09:56 PM
DRELOC
Driver

Originally Posted by adamlf
Does the sound change when you load one side of the car vs the other, IE is it louder on left turns that right turns or visa versa?
Left & right turns sounded the same. I was wondering if a bad hub can also cause this noise not just the bearings?
Old 04-01-13, 05:07 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going through the same thing myself. I replaced the front/rear wheel bearings and put all new tires and still have that same bearing noise so the only thing left that I can think of is the carrier bearing(drive shaft support bearing) that could be making the noise. While im in there I'll inspect the u-joints as well. So have your rears checked along with the the u-joints and carrier bearing. I do it all myself to save money, so if you have the know how you should give it a shot. Hope this helps
Old 04-02-13, 02:47 PM
DRELOC
Driver

Originally Posted by socal72
I'm going through the same thing myself. I replaced the front/rear wheel bearings and put all new tires and still have that same bearing noise so the only thing left that I can think of is the carrier bearing(drive shaft support bearing) that could be making the noise. While im in there I'll inspect the u-joints as well. So have your rears checked along with the the u-joints and carrier bearing. I do it all myself to save money, so if you have the know how you should give it a shot. Hope this helps
So did the noise still there after you fixed the carrier bearing? I'm gonna have them check those parts you mentioned. Thanks for the advice man!
Old 04-02-13, 09:03 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DRELOC
So did the noise still there after you fixed the carrier bearing? I'm gonna have them check those parts you mentioned. Thanks for the advice man!
I haven't been able to get to it just yet my week and weekend is going to be really busy, but as soon as I do i'll definitely let you know