Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN coilover question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 08:54 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah..sometimes..they can be almost shopping cartish. Given also I have 18 inch rims w/low profile tires and I lowered suspension and I live in bumpy San Francisco.

On the highway it's very firm but not that bad..in the city..it's shopping cart.

I just don't know how the Germans manage to cover both ends.

Tein covered the peformance part..but not the ride quality part.
AND that is WITH lowering the stiffness settings. Forget about the tighter settings...unless you want to HURT as you go down the road...
hehe.
Old 01-03-03, 08:58 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Anthracite SC
yeah..sometimes..they can be almost shopping cartish. Given also I have 18 inch rims w/low profile tires and I lowered suspension and I live in bumpy San Francisco.

On the highway it's very firm but not that bad..in the city..it's shopping cart.

AND that is WITH lowering the stiffness settings. Forget about the tighter settings...unless you want to HURT as you go down the road...
hehe.
wow, never knew it would be that harsh. imagine that ride with even lower profile tires like my 19's! that's one of the reasons why i opted for the CS. I'm not expecting ultra comfort, but hopefully not as bumpy as the HA. Afterall, when you're running some 18's + wheels, you can't expect it to be like an eibach drop. Hehe.
Old 01-03-03, 09:09 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Okay I am going for the Tein CS. Thanks guys! I like handling improvement but the roads here are harsh with 5" deep potholes and 3" height differentials on the freeway.
Old 01-03-03, 09:15 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default hi

Glad to see my discomfort has helped u guys...hehe. =)
Old 01-03-03, 09:17 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hey Anthracite do you ever have to drive over fresh volcanic rubble?
Old 01-04-03, 02:39 AM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

I have posted a post a day or two ago about Tein coilover already if yall didn't know.....just to tell yall there's some additional info on my other post
Old 01-04-03, 08:39 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Anthracite SC

hehe.
I have the HAs and 18s too. I don't think the car rides harsh at all. When you have the Teins on a soft setting the car fells very close to stock. It's nice to live in Arizona were 95% of the roads are in good shape(almost no pot holes)

-Steve
Old 01-06-03, 03:23 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default rubble?

No Hermosa..

I'm currently situated in Northern Cali right below San Fran. (go niners). My hawaii living full time dream went w/the dot coms.

And also AzLex, yeah...at low setting on the highways..it's close to stock...but any rough roads...in san fran...you can feel your bones rattle..hehe
Old 01-06-03, 05:51 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hermosa
Okay I am going for the Tein CS. Thanks guys! I like handling improvement but the roads here are harsh with 5" deep potholes and 3" height differentials on the freeway.
Let me correct this statement. I am actually getting the Tein Flex Coilovers for the SC. Anyone else using these?
Old 01-07-03, 08:21 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Tein suspension all comes with 16way adjustable shocks so you can adjust the stiffness of your ride. Some even come with the adjustment of rebound and compression. The flex kit is compatible with the EDFC, which is a really cool device. You can adjust the stiffness of your shock without getting out of your car. i can get great prices on teins so pm me if you guys are interested.

SC300(JZZ30)
Tein HA: $960
Tein RA w/pillow ball mounts: $1575
Tein RE w/pillow ball mounts: $1685
Tein CS w/pillow ball mounts: $1400
Tein FLEX w/pillow ball mounts: $1370
Tein EDFC: $330
*only the cs and the flex are compatible with EDFC and prices are without shipping
Old 01-07-03, 12:53 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Hermosa,

http://www.tein.com/lexus.html

According to that. The HA's and the Flex use the same spring but the Flex has more vertical adjustment. It would tend to seem that they would ride pretty rough. I really think the CS with the EDFC would be the great setup. But I am a wimp when it comes to driving my Lexus like a mini-truck.

MW
Old 01-07-03, 01:03 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

If you look at the specs though the Flex and CS do have significant crossover for a bit at the lower end of the flex. A somewhat firmer CS is the softest Flex. I think it iwll be fine for me since I liked the KYB AGXs.
Old 01-07-03, 07:24 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

well boys, i was going to buy the HA's. I called the guy to order, and he told me that they are on back order until mid to late february....

So i said "how much more for the CS's?"
He said "Around 400$"
So i said "**** It, give me the CS's"

So for an extra fee i am getting the CS's. I really didnt care which one i got, but i do like the fact that these are compatable with the EDFC. they should be to my by next week sometime. Ill let you know how i like them.

Kevin
Old 01-07-03, 07:30 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Ask Manaray, he loves them. I did order the CS myself but changed them in the last minute. As I mentioned before they are soft but the Flex crosses over the range of CS but also can get stiffer so I chose the Flex. The flex are also $30 cheaper than the CS. Just food for thought. If you want to get some sport suspension or at least the capability to get there then you might reconsider the Flex for the CS.
Old 01-07-03, 07:53 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Aww man, too late, they are in the mail... oh well, ill be happy.

Quick Reply: TEIN coilover question