Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-13, 04:36 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.

Hi,
I have been searching for 3 days for info on BC Racing BR series coilovers. I have read everything i can find but that is so very little.
Please post ANYTHING you know or have, great links?
installation, adjustment, reviews, personal impressions. Everyone who considers them comments on the small amount of info out there.
Could be bad OR good. No news may be good news. I hope the owners are just too busy enjoying driving instead of posting.

I purchased them and they will be here tomorrow. Reading/obsessing on them is what i have planned until they arrive

Direct info preferred..

is 10/8 the stock spring rate? How does that ride?

I see very little written on handling when stock, and dropped. Please add.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-13, 10:16 AM
1993sc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They come in 14/8 kg but you can order them in any spring rate at no charge
Old 06-06-13, 12:28 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1993sc300
They come in 14/8 kg but you can order them in any spring rate at no charge
I am going to try the stock rates first. I have seen many different rates that people say are stock for Sc. Maybe they changed over time.
We will see what I get tomorrow.
Old 06-06-13, 01:50 PM
NixusSC
Driver

Wait Geek, I thought you bought the gixxer drew setup???
Did not know you jumped on a set of BCs
I'm stuck between BC and Stance right now -.-
Did you try emailing the BC dealer on the forum for spring rate advice, btw? I have seen him pop into several coilover threads, as I'm sure he'll show up in here too
Old 06-06-13, 02:20 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NixusSC
Wait Geek, I thought you bought the gixxer drew setup???
Did not know you jumped on a set of BCs
I'm stuck between BC and Stance right now -.-
Did you try emailing the BC dealer on the forum for spring rate advice, btw? I have seen him pop into several coilover threads, as I'm sure he'll show up in here too
Yeah, I couldn't get a for sure shipping date for the Bilsteins so I cancelled and got the BC's. They shipped same day and will take 3 days only. They arrive tomorrow.
I'm hoping to get them installed, get a fender roll, install Prothane CA and Steering Rack bushings all done.

I'm just starting with the stock rates.
Old 06-06-13, 02:29 PM
Bleak
Driver

I'll tell you that honestly, if I were to get coils NOW, I would purchase BC racing coils. Only because I have a few friends that are drift sponsored drivers that run BC racing coils and they seem to be a solid quality product. I bought my Megan LP coils close to a year ago already and I have to say I'm extremely happy with them, but they are starting to squeek Makes my car look cheap and rinky dinky lmao. I wish you luck and I am sure you will be a happy customer!
Old 06-06-13, 02:31 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bleak
I'll tell you that honestly, if I were to get coils NOW, I would purchase BC racing coils. Only because I have a few friends that are drift sponsored drivers that run BC racing coils and they seem to be a solid quality product. I bought my Megan LP coils close to a year ago already and I have to say I'm extremely happy with them, but they are starting to squeek Makes my car look cheap and rinky dinky lmao. I wish you luck and I am sure you will be a happy customer!
Awesome man! Thank You.
Good luck with the squeak. Did you call Megan?
Old 06-06-13, 02:46 PM
Bleak
Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Awesome man! Thank You.
Good luck with the squeak. Did you call Megan?
eh, it hasn't driven me crazy enough to complain yet haha.
After doing some research I found out its a lubrication issue.
Old 06-06-13, 04:21 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bleak
eh, it hasn't driven me crazy enough to complain yet haha.
After doing some research I found out its a lubrication issue.
Bushing lubrication?
Old 06-06-13, 05:42 PM
NixusSC
Driver

Bushing lubrication?
Fo sho. Your suspension arm rubber bushings start to bind when lowered beyond their stock geometry and start squeaking like a bag of rats. Sometimes, with my nissans, I would just crawl under the car with a can of PB blaster and hose it and it would fix it. Sometimes it would keep fighting me -.o

That's one reason I won't ever go back to aftermarket arms with spherical bushings unless i have too..oh god the squeaking >.< was constantly greasing those effers after every day at the track, so obnoxious..
Old 06-06-13, 06:08 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NixusSC
Fo sho. Your suspension arm rubber bushings start to bind when lowered beyond their stock geometry and start squeaking like a bag of rats. Sometimes, with my nissans, I would just crawl under the car with a can of PB blaster and hose it and it would fix it. Sometimes it would keep fighting me -.o

That's one reason I won't ever go back to aftermarket arms with spherical bushings unless i have too..oh god the squeaking >.< was constantly greasing those effers after every day at the track, so obnoxious..
I have Prothane CA bushings and steering rack bushings. ill make sure to be liberal with the grease when I install them.

A bag of Rats? HAAA!

Last edited by Studiogeek; 06-06-13 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-07-13, 01:31 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you'll be happy with BC, i installed a set on a 2013 FRS, 10k all around, and man they feel quality. way better feeling than my ksports on my xb. post pics when you're finished!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 02:20 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
you'll be happy with BC, i installed a set on a 2013 FRS, 10k all around, and man they feel quality. way better feeling than my ksports on my xb. post pics when you're finished!!!!
Oh yes! Willdo!
They are in the trunk right now. I am waiting for my installer to arrive. Pics soon!
Old 06-08-13, 11:29 AM
jschru
Driver

i installed my bc's about a year ago and have nothing to complain about. went with the supra spring rates which are slightly stiffer, don't remember off the top of my head what they are. install is fairly straight foward, theres a how to on here somewhere just search for it. its a night and day difference from stock and the ride is not relally that harsh. just don't hit potholes it feels like death
Old 06-08-13, 02:00 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Hey,
We finally got the fenders rolled, coils in , alignment done. Coils adjusted, all pretty much outdoors during Tropical Storm Andrea. We had a shelter, but that did not keep us dry of make it pleasant.
I found a few CL tricks that helped KL get the front shock out (thanks guys).
My fender rolling uncovered a bit of underside wheel well bondo work but it's an easy fix and not too visible.
First impressions are they it is WAY more comfortable than I had expected. Even in NYC, I need stiffer springs.
My shocks are at full hard and I want a firmer ride for sure. I got the rears up enough to stop rubbing but the fronts still rub on bigger bumps badly.

BUT THE HANDLING (WHEN IM NOT RUBBING) IS PHENOMENAL!

My rear shocks were way blown out. Leaking like crazy.
Attached Thumbnails Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.-oldout4.jpg   Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.-clint-at-work.jpg   Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.-getcamber1.jpg   Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.-needsomecamb-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Do You Have BC Racing Coilovers? (mine arrive tomorrow) Please Post Info.