Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who makes the best camber kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-13, 01:37 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Who makes the best camber kits?

Hey Guys,

ive recently built some wheels and they are much bigger then I expected, the poke is unreal and I need some VERY extreme camber to get them to tuck.

I don't know the first thing about camber kits, from my research I can see that megan and battle version seem to make some, im wondering if there are any other brands and if so what brand would give me the most extreme negative camber?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-02-13, 06:37 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wish you'd give up on trying to tuck 13s with no idea what your doing.
Old 07-02-13, 07:35 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachTriggs
Personally, I am enjoying the journey and learning as he tries. I am quite glad he keeps trying and I am confident he will figure it out!

GO WILLIE!
The following users liked this post:
bighead619 (09-23-19)
Old 07-02-13, 07:43 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

who cares what u want u little weird looking hippie.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 07-02-13 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 07:50 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Personally, I am enjoying the journey and learning as he tries. I am quite glad he keeps trying and I am confident he will figure it out!

GO WILLIE!
Thanks studio , after seeing a few nice cars I think id like to dump the car and get some serious camber and maybe try to avoid going widebody.

And yea its been a lot of work but its been fun man ,,learning a lot , as we all know the first time is the hardest.

So yea I am looking to buy a camber kit for the rear if anyone has any info to share
Old 07-02-13, 07:57 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

lets see pictures of the said poke
Old 07-02-13, 08:14 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
lets see pictures of the said poke
poke is massive buddy, when I built these wheels I didn't take into consideration that the fronts were high disk and rears were low, so now I have 13's in the rear with a high disk offset.

you can see the pics in my other thread , for this one im really just hoping to learn a little about the different camber kits
Old 07-02-13, 10:30 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I was gonna agree with what you said....

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
who cares what u want u little weird looking hippie.
But I agree more with what you said. trolololol
Old 07-03-13, 01:35 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

poke is massive buddy, when I built these wheels I didn't take into consideration that the fronts were high disk and rears were low, so now I have 13's in the rear with a high disk offset.

you can see the pics in my other thread , for this one im really just hoping to learn a little about the different camber kits
The poke is what most of us estimated it would be before you even started building the wheels. I think when I did the math (based on your measurements) I said the wheels would be in the single digit negatives.

If I were you I would do this:
1. Swap the faces from front to rear
2. Lower the car on very stiff coilovers (Air isn't even an option anymore because your wheels are too wide and will rub on the bags. Airrunner might clear)
3. Get smaller tires
4. Get all the aftermarket arms available
5. Align the car with the most negative camber possible and see how much poke you have left.
6. Decide to go widebody or just relip the wheels smaller.

As for your question about camber kits. The only options I can think of are Battle version, ikeya formula, or eau rouge upper control arms.
Old 07-03-13, 01:41 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

he'll also get some neg camber by just slamming the car. Natural camber will help a bunch, I was able to grab around -3 when I lowered an s2000 on some JIC's. no camber adjustment whatsoever so the owner has to buy a camber kit to correct it if he wishes. By the body work e's already done it looks like he can fit the wheels with Minsk camber.
Old 07-03-13, 11:22 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
The poke is what most of us estimated it would be before you even started building the wheels. I think when I did the math (based on your measurements) I said the wheels would be in the single digit negatives.

If I were you I would do this:
1. Swap the faces from front to rear
2. Lower the car on very stiff coilovers (Air isn't even an option anymore because your wheels are too wide and will rub on the bags. Airrunner might clear)
3. Get smaller tires
4. Get all the aftermarket arms available
5. Align the car with the most negative camber possible and see how much poke you have left.
6. Decide to go widebody or just relip the wheels smaller.

As for your question about camber kits. The only options I can think of are Battle version, ikeya formula, or eau rouge upper control arms.
your the best man, I cant belive I didn't think of swapping the faces, that would reduce my poke by at least an inch , you just saved me a lot of trouble,, thanks

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
he'll also get some neg camber by just slamming the car. Natural camber will help a bunch, I was able to grab around -3 when I lowered an s2000 on some JIC's. no camber adjustment whatsoever so the owner has to buy a camber kit to correct it if he wishes. By the body work e's already done it looks like he can fit the wheels with Minsk camber.
my mechanic is going to max out my negative camber next week then im going to jack up my wheel to see what im working with

and you guys are too much, this is my first time running an aggressive wheel and from what I can tell I have one of the largest wheel set ups on the forum, so of course there is a learning curve on trying out the best way to get them to fit,but that is what this site is for.

if you guys don't like what im doing you don't have to chime in, if you are interested and would like to help then your more then welcome too.
Old 07-03-13, 03:28 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

my mechanic is going to max out my negative camber next week then im going to jack up my wheel to see what im working with

and you guys are too much, this is my first time running an aggressive wheel and from what I can tell I have one of the largest wheel set ups on the forum, so of course there is a learning curve on trying out the best way to get them to fit,but that is what this site is for.

if you guys don't like what im doing you don't have to chime in, if you are interested and would like to help then your more then welcome too.
I'm here to help you. I just stated with the body work you already had you may not even need to purchase a camber kit. I was able to squeeze close to -3* of camber from my friends s2000 when i threw on his JIC Coilovers. depending on how low you're going you might be able to get enough natural camber to where it will fit. Im not over here talking down on you or anything i am giving you information that when you do lower your vehicle there is a chance that it will get more negative camber.
Old 07-03-13, 03:33 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

heres a pic for other to see what you're trying to tuck
Old 07-03-13, 05:07 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
heres a pic for other to see what you're trying to tuck
WOW!
That's a tall order!
Old 07-04-13, 09:25 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

People have done 12"s on proper sized tires on rolled and pulled fenders. Your tire is actually pretty small so it should be a bit easier. I have 285s on the back myself and people run 305's and 315's also. I'm sure more than a handful have fit a 13". Big difference is the offset you chose. With those offsets? I don't think it will be doable. Maybe with widebody fenders.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best camber kits?