Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Sportline Springs on stock shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 10:35 PM
jtork2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportline Springs on stock shocks??

Hey there, I'm contemplating whether or not to purchase new eibach sportline springs for my 2002 IS300 but I am worried about putting them on stock shocks. I have 136k miles on my car and I assume the shocks have the same mileage on them. They are still performing very well, but I have read and researched all night and read different opinions on the idea of installing lowering springs on stock shocks. They will lower my car 1.4" is what Eibach says on the website, is that too much for them to handle? Help me out please! Oh, and thank you in advance!!

(Slightly mechanically inclined, but not quite a 'motor head')
Old 07-12-13, 01:17 AM
TheDane
Driver

When it is not more than that you should be fine with the stock shocks
Old 07-12-13, 08:34 AM
DatSRBoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your shocks will not last long. I sometime wish I went with the prokit because I bottom out bad daily with a 1.4-1.7 drop sportline springs. Stock shocks cant handle it.
Old 07-12-13, 05:45 PM
jtork2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DatSRBoi
Your shocks will not last long. I sometime wish I went with the prokit because I bottom out bad daily with a 1.4-1.7 drop sportline springs. Stock shocks cant handle it.
So, you currently have the sportline kit installed on your IS300? Are they on stock shocks or what shocks did you upgrade to, and what's the price tag on them?
Old 07-12-13, 07:39 PM
chewy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jtork2
So, you currently have the sportline kit installed on your IS300? Are they on stock shocks or what shocks did you upgrade to, and what's the price tag on them?
Yes I have those springs on and they look aggressive and extremely beautiful. Downfall is I bottom out or almost bottom out on bad roads and speed bumps. I scrape Everytime I pull up or out of my drive way and it annoys me when I have to angle the car out of parking lot dips especially when it's pack or you will scape. All this and all I have is a front lip. I have Tokico hts on almost the stiffest setting and it is already scraping so I can imagine what a soft worn out stock shocks will do. I am not a VIP driver . I like to drive the speed limit at least. My car is extremely low miles but I brought the shocks anyways because the stock shocks will blow out fast. Maybe in a year so I brought it to save the hassle. The springs I brought low mile used because I did not want to wait for them to break in and settle and set in to do alignment. I wanted to install and align right away so went that method. I paid about 700 total for shocks and springs. Prefere this over cheap coilivers of the same price cause adjusting height perfectly was hard on the last car and the cheap coils burn out so fast so giving this a try. Handles awesome in the corners and I can outrun fast cars on the track but a tad bit too low for daily.

Last edited by chewy; 07-12-13 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 11:48 PM
jtork2
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all your input, I decided not to risk my shocks, and save my money and invest it elsewhere. Many other things can be done before i need my car lower. I mean, stock ride height on the IS is quite low already, compared to normal cars. But thanks again!
Old 07-14-13, 12:11 PM
hatchguy
Driver School Candidate

You could always buy the pro-kits and konis and mount them on the lower perch and effectively have the same drop with badass struts