Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help with Teins

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-03, 04:53 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Teins

So many types of Tein coilovers!!!!
Which do i need? (ha,ra, etc) anyone know the difference? Anyone help me out? thanks!
Old 01-10-03, 02:49 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well what kinda ride are you lookin for? most ppl get HA's
Old 01-10-03, 07:53 PM
bcc002
Pole Position

well, i want to go lower than the 1" of eibachs, and from what i have read the ha's go as low as the higher priced ones. But why are they cheaper? There are some slight differences between the different types but they all go about the same distance down. I have a hook up with a guy at tein but he is hard to reach as of right now so im just looking for some info...

do you have tein? what type? do you like them?

thanks!
Old 01-14-03, 08:15 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It's hard to give you a recommendation of which one to get. There is not really a *best* one, rather they are geared for different levels of users and purposes. You may not even need/want coilovers if you simply want a lower ride height and not sacrifice ride comfort.

I'll tell you one thing....don't believe people when they say you can turn down the dampening and have it ride close to stock. That is just NOT possible with the stiffer springs unless you want to be bouncing down the road with too little dampening. Especially the HA set which I have. The Flex and CS spec models are a bit more comfortable riding though as they have softer springs. But then again, I'm not looking for stock ride comfort and the HA delivers on performance. If I were to buy again, I would probably get the Flex set. RA is out of the question for street use.
Old 01-16-03, 12:01 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

i have a new type called the RM.. i've had it for about 6months now... i had the HA's before and the RM's are a million times better... they ride so much better.... they aren't as stiff as the HA's, but it feels more controllable..i also have the EDFC which is incredible.... the RM's also came fully assembled so it was a very easy install...swap in swap out.

hope this helps... again TEIN TYPE RM.
Old 01-17-03, 12:36 AM
LouNeeLex
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a set of Tein coilovers from Angel over @ Carson Toyota. He calls them the "Tein Selects"... now Im not sure in abbreviation (i.e. HAs, RAs, Flex) but he did tell me that right now those are the best. Ride is controllable and you can truly control the dampening n ride comfort. He also told me there is a controller that can be mounted in the interior of the car that controls the dampening.

I guess what Im asking is for some feedback on those. Im looking for performance but not drastically decreasing ride comfort. Also, if anyone has the controller let me know how good it is and if it's worth the $.....

-----Thnx, LouNeeLex-----