Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lower control arm rubber bushing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 12:09 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lower control arm rubber bushing

I was inspecting the LCA and the front part that goes into the cross member has a little rubber disk like piece which looks like it has shrunk a bit and I can rotate it around.

Does that mean the LCA needs to be replaced however the ball joint which I understand is most important looked good.
Old 08-06-13, 12:13 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah man, we had a thread debate on this one. but as long as your Pre 97, you can get bushings easy, us 98+ guys have limited options
Old 08-06-13, 12:18 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi i am still not well versed with the control arms on these cars...

What I understand is the ball joint has not viable replacement and if that's gone I need a new LCA,
but are you saying the other (2) bushing? towards the center of the car can be replaced with poly or whatever, as long as it is pre-97

I am somewhat interested in this and replace the ball joint boot I understand there is a moog boot that sort of fits ok..
Old 08-06-13, 01:10 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Read this about the ball joints,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-an-sc400.html
Old 08-06-13, 02:33 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
I was inspecting the LCA and the front part that goes into the cross member has a little rubber disk like piece which looks like it has shrunk a bit and I can rotate it around.

Does that mean the LCA needs to be replaced however the ball joint which I understand is most important looked good.
That little disk has spun freely on every SC I have ever worked on.

Originally Posted by Maserati
Yeah man, we had a thread debate on this one. but as long as your Pre 97, you can get bushings easy, us 98+ guys have limited options
97 has the same LCA as 98-00

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
Hi i am still not well versed with the control arms on these cars...

What I understand is the ball joint has not viable replacement and if that's gone I need a new LCA,
but are you saying the other (2) bushing? towards the center of the car can be replaced with poly or whatever, as long as it is pre-97

I am somewhat interested in this and replace the ball joint boot I understand there is a moog boot that sort of fits ok..
The ball joint can not be replaced. If your ball joint is bad replace the entire LCA with supra TT arms (the cheapest option).

The 2 bushings can be replaced for sure if you have a 92-96 LCA.

There is no 97+ LCA bushing that is both a confirmed and generally accepted option.

I believe someone found a Energy suspension universal polyurethane ball joint boot that fits.