Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

EBC Pads and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 04:55 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the Yellow Stuff pads on my SVT contour when I went to a road course. The course wasn't very heavy on braking, but I was braking much later than the rest of my group without pushing to the ABS limit. I was running R1 concepts premium drilled/slotted rotors as well.
Old 10-02-13, 06:31 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

I love to out-brake the competition; cannot wait to get the chance to install these yellows!
Old 10-02-13, 08:53 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

I believe the Yellow Stuff pads are organic as well. They don't seem to eat the rotor as harsh as other ceramic pads I have used and have good initial bite. They do seem to bite better when they heat up some.
Old 10-03-13, 12:43 PM
Gville350

^How was the bite when initially cold? I DD my car, so this will be important for me!
Old 10-03-13, 01:00 PM
RangerJoe
Driver

I have a few hundred miles on mine now, and for daily driving they are fine. The squealing went away somewhere between 200 and 300. I drive pretty easy most of the time and I don't tell much difference from the stock pads/rotors most of the time. I think they do feel a bit firmer once they get to normal operating temp (a couple stop lights I'd say), but nothing that would cause me to have any concerns should I need to make an emergency stop. I know other people who DD and track yellow stuff and are happy with them. The pads are designed to be run on the street, so you have nothing to worry about for normal driving I'd say.

My only complaint about them so far is the brake dust. Oh man, the brake dust. TONS of it.
Old 10-03-13, 04:57 PM
Gville350

^Good to know!

Dust? LOL! I'm used to it; I'm using Axxis Ultimates in the rear and they dust just as bad as the fronts. So now they dust evenly front to rear.
Old 10-03-13, 09:32 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

I can't really say how the cold bite will be in temperatures below 20F, but I had zero issues with mine during any normal driving.
Old 10-05-13, 08:48 AM
Gville350

Good to know...thanks again!
Old 10-07-13, 06:15 AM
JHD333
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrAkana
Nice write up! What was the determining factor that made you choose EBC as opposed to other vendors (price, quality, review)? I'm looking to do the same DIY mod with my 250 going with Stoptech cyro-sportTech slotted paired with Akebono brake pads. I'm going to autox for fall and into winter season. Also do you prefer all seasons (see that you're on Goodyears) or a dry-wet tire?
I went with EBC because of a number of good reviews I read as well as some recommendations by a few friends. Also, I really wanted the Red Stuff pads because of the higher level of performance coupled with the low dust. I needed new rotors anyway, so i decided to get the Ulitmax slotted rotors based off of EBC's recommendation to pair them with the Red Stuff pads, in hopes that i might be able to reduce fade. To add to it, I didn't feel that the prices were too bad either. Honestly though, I don't have anything to compare them too other than OEM, so I wouldn't be able to give you much of an opinion on the brands you have chosen, other than what i have seen in reviews.

The Goodyears that are on the front are all seasons and they are horrible! I had to replace the back tires, and I decided to go with Hankook V12s, which i love BTW, but now understeer is really bad because of those crap tires on the front. They will be going very very soon.
Old 10-10-13, 01:05 AM
mrAkana
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JHD333
I went with EBC because of a number of good reviews I read as well as some recommendations by a few friends. Also, I really wanted the Red Stuff pads because of the higher level of performance coupled with the low dust. I needed new rotors anyway, so i decided to get the Ulitmax slotted rotors based off of EBC's recommendation to pair them with the Red Stuff pads, in hopes that i might be able to reduce fade. To add to it, I didn't feel that the prices were too bad either. Honestly though, I don't have anything to compare them too other than OEM, so I wouldn't be able to give you much of an opinion on the brands you have chosen, other than what i have seen in reviews.

The Goodyears that are on the front are all seasons and they are horrible! I had to replace the back tires, and I decided to go with Hankook V12s, which i love BTW, but now understeer is really bad because of those crap tires on the front. They will be going very very soon.
Thanks for replying! After some independent research, I've convinced myself to go with the EBC Yellowstuff and I'm going with the USR slotted rotors. Much appreciation to your write up along with input from fellow members.

Also, where did you buy your brake setup from (online, local store)?
Old 10-10-13, 01:01 PM
Gville350

^Online! Shop around and look for the best price w/ shipping.

GL and report back on your personal review of the pads during and after break-in!
Old 10-10-13, 01:52 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

i was shopping for some as well and found AUTOPLICITY.COM for the EBC pads $71 for front or rear pads.
Old 10-10-13, 10:20 PM
mrAkana
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Online! Shop around and look for the best price w/ shipping.

GL and report back on your personal review of the pads during and after break-in!
Solid copy! I have a figure of $480 shipped (EBC USR, yellowstuff) lowest price from autoplicity.com and $92 (free shipping) ajusa.com for StopTech lines. I'll keep a log of how break-in and autox events go. Thanks again everyone!
Old 10-11-13, 06:16 PM
Gville350

^No need for the SS lines! Save the money for a nice dinner.
Old 10-12-13, 08:13 PM
fewslowcar
Driver School Candidate

Default Why not upgrade to IS350 brakes with same pads

Sounds like you are occasionally tracking your car. For the money you spend on your new brakes why not upgarde to IS350 brakes for maybe additional $300. I did, and it was well worth it.

Quick Reply: EBC Pads and Rotors