Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bushing kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 12:44 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chucksc400
Souless let me now how the install goes and i have a 97 as u reead ^ is your 300 also a 97
We cant use the front lower bushings, but we can use the rear.
Old 09-30-13, 06:11 AM
chucksc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ^ that last answer helped alot!
Old 09-30-13, 01:18 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chucksc400
Thanks ^ that last answer helped alot!
I have a complete brand new Prothane bushing set for the rear suspension, including upper and lower arms. It should fit all 92-00 SC300/SC400. I'm changing my mind and I don't need them anymore. Do you want to buy them?
Old 10-10-13, 09:19 AM
dochuard
Driver School Candidate

Default TM Engineering not a viable source

After repeated attempts to contact TMEngineerinig via email and phone, I called another shop listed on the DAIZEN website as a dealer / installer. They said that TM was their only source, is not shipping any product, does not respond to any methods of contact and is presumed to be basically defunct. They have been unable to aquire product for 5 years. This mirrors my experience exactly, except they were attempting to place an order for 100 cars worth of product. I then called another dealer of the bushings and they said TM is the sole source and they are unable to contact them as well. I have read more than a few comments and reviews on various sites that say TM is accepting payment, but not shipping any product or responding to contact requests. TME has only a FAX and Google phone numbers, they have an address on their website that is different from that listed in other places, they don't respond to any contact information. Time for a new source of bushings for our cars.

So, with TM no longer a viable source - does anyone out there know of another manufacturer of bushings for the SC300/400 series cars, or a REAL source for the DAIZEN bushing.
Old 10-10-13, 09:22 AM
dochuard
Driver School Candidate

@ stevechumo - I would be interested in the bushing set. New to the forum here, how do we connect ?
Old 10-10-13, 11:03 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dochuard
@ stevechumo - I would be interested in the bushing set. New to the forum here, how do we connect ?
I don't sell it anymore. I decided to keep it. There're many sets on Ebay for around $100. I bought mine on Ebay. Just type in Lexus SC Prothane rear bushing and it'll come right up.

Why do people just keep thinking about Daizen? Daizen maybe 1 of the first companies that makes bushings for the SC, but it doesn't mean it's the best. I used Daizen on the front before, but I ended throwing away due to the squeak and harshness. There're more than a few brands now that make SC bushings. The Prothane kit looks better than Daizen to me. It has grooves in the bushings that keep the grease, while Daizen just required me greasing them every 2 months. This Prothane is a little softer than Daizen, so I think it'll be a little smoother than Daizen.
Old 10-10-13, 06:08 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

welp looks like ill be picking up prothanes then, I always wanted daizen because thats what everyone recommended, i heard the prothanes needed to keep getting greased up in order to eliminate squeaking.
Old 10-10-13, 07:47 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daizen bushings are also made of polyurethane. people make it sound like they'll start squeeking next week. grease the bushings and maybe in a few years youll hear squeeks from them being dry. ive had whiteline polyurethane rack bushings on the car for about 2 years now, no squeeks at all, no dryness at all, even through several NY snowy winters and carwashes.
Old 10-14-13, 05:45 AM
dochuard
Driver School Candidate

Default Update and new question

An update on my earlier post: I received a reply from Daizen to questions I asked about TME, my application, and TME’s apparent lack of response to emails. They said, in reference to TME; “they do not deal directly with the general public anymore, only with their private customers and referrals from such.” They then told me to contact TME again, so not sure what will happen, but I did send another email to TME.

It seems bushings for my ’97 are difficult to find online, most are for ’96 and earlier. However, I also have a ’95 SC300 parts car and the front arms on this car appear to be the same as my ’97, but I understand the bushings mount to the arm differently. I am thinking that it might be better to just rebuild the arms from my ’95, use the bushing for that year and replace the arms on my ’97 with those from the ’95. Has anyone replaced their later model arms with those from an earlier car?
Old 10-14-13, 09:18 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
welp looks like ill be picking up prothanes then, I always wanted daizen because thats what everyone recommended, i heard the prothanes needed to keep getting greased up in order to eliminate squeaking.
I've had the prothane front LCA bushings on my car for 2 years so far without any squeeking. I also have daizen rear LCA control arm bushings for 5-6 years now, and I've only greased them when I installed them.

Originally Posted by dochuard
An update on my earlier post: I received a reply from Daizen to questions I asked about TME, my application, and TME’s apparent lack of response to emails. They said, in reference to TME; “they do not deal directly with the general public anymore, only with their private customers and referrals from such.” They then told me to contact TME again, so not sure what will happen, but I did send another email to TME.

It seems bushings for my ’97 are difficult to find online, most are for ’96 and earlier. However, I also have a ’95 SC300 parts car and the front arms on this car appear to be the same as my ’97, but I understand the bushings mount to the arm differently. I am thinking that it might be better to just rebuild the arms from my ’95, use the bushing for that year and replace the arms on my ’97 with those from the ’95. Has anyone replaced their later model arms with those from an earlier car?
If you want a 97+ bushing replacement, then contact figs engineering and get their super pro lca kit. It's the only one on the market advertised to work for 97+. http://www.shopfigs.com/v1/

You could swap the older model LCA on to your car if you want. I have a set of 92 SC front LCA with prothane bushings on my 98 SC.
Old 10-15-13, 07:29 AM
Maserati
Advanced

I actually bought the Super Pro bushing from Australia, i should have them later today, ill post pics so you guy can see them, im doing the install next weekend and ill do a writeup or just takes pics so you guys can see
Old 10-15-13, 07:40 AM
RikTT
Pole Position

Been running the Prothane's for 2 years +. No re grease after install, no squeaks etc.... (Diff & rack bushings as well)
Old 10-15-13, 12:23 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

I'm going prothane too, unfortunatly the previous owner cut some corners in LCA repair so it became more of a PITA than planned. I replaced my rack and bushings in a day, however it's taken over a week to get the CA bushings done. just waiting for a few parts now and i'll be done.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...to-a-sc-2.html

i'm skeptical on super-pro's bushings because of their transparency. and Daizens aren't what they use to be IMO which is pretty sad, I assumed they made alot of money off of everyone being recommend to them and it being a chronic problem in SC's and Supra's.. 10 years later they just seem not to care making me decide not to get their products even if I could acquire them...
Old 10-15-13, 12:48 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a lot of great info in this thread! its good seeing others reviews on their bushings etc.
Old 10-15-13, 01:42 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Originally Posted by SCstone
I'm going prothane too, unfortunatly the previous owner cut some corners in LCA repair so it became more of a PITA than planned. I replaced my rack and bushings in a day, however it's taken over a week to get the CA bushings done. just waiting for a few parts now and i'll be done.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...to-a-sc-2.html

i'm skeptical on super-pro's bushings because of their transparency. and Daizens aren't what they use to be IMO which is pretty sad, I assumed they made alot of money off of everyone being recommend to them and it being a chronic problem in SC's and Supra's.. 10 years later they just seem not to care making me decide not to get their products even if I could acquire them...
Man, Super Pro is Super Legit! Speedhunters article-http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10/expert-advice-superpro-answers-questions/

Quick Reply: Bushing kit