Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just placed my first handling mods order!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-03 | 03:17 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I'm just messing around with you... Your car isn't going to be top-heavy... Actually your car is going to feel like it's almost on rails.. Don't be worried....
Old 01-27-03 | 03:32 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by MrSypher
I'm just messing around with you... Your car isn't going to be top-heavy... Actually your car is going to feel like it's almost on rails.. Don't be worried....
You had me going there for a min....

This is one of the reasons why I like CL - it's a fun and educational place to spend time on.

Last edited by Hameed; 01-27-03 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-27-03 | 05:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

well the "problem" is that your car will turn a lot faster. give a quick shake to your steering wheel and your car will fly to the next lane already. that's the thing i always tell people who put on sways. and now you got so much stuff on at the same time, this warning is a must
Old 01-27-03 | 05:51 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks man!

I appreciate your advice. Warning noted. The parts are coming up here on the 7th of Feb. I plan to have them installed a couple of days later. So hopefully will be able to give some feedback then (if I have not had an accident by turning too fast) .
Old 01-27-03 | 07:26 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hammed, You did what I did when I first bought my GS... I was on a Modpage.. I was buying stuff like it was going out of style.. And the down fall to that is that you don't get to feel what each mod does for you... It's just a big bang, and that's that..
Old 01-28-03 | 08:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hammed, You did what I did when I first bought my GS... I was on a Modpage.. I was buying stuff like it was going out of style.. And the down fall to that is that you don't get to feel what each mod does for you... It's just a big bang, and that's that..
This car is my daily driver and I drive it to work everyday, so that means I have to leave it at my mechanics shop for a couple of days when I can take time off work (as I won't have any transportation into work). So I will have to get them all done at once. Yes I wish I could do the mods one at a time....

Your car looks really sharp!!

Did you paint the calipers yourself? Was it hard? I would like to paint mine cobalt blue, but am not confident I will do it right.

What year is your car anyway?
Old 01-28-03 | 09:48 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, it's a 2002 SportDesign...
Hameed, are you aware that all the Mods's that you purchased you can install yourself?? As for my calipers, yeah I did those and it was a piece of cake... If you use G2 Caliper Paint you and leave the caliper on because it applies with a brush..
Old 01-28-03 | 10:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks, it's a 2002 SportDesign...
Hameed, are you aware that all the Mods's that you purchased you can install yourself??
Install the mods myself??? )

You have got to be kidding me. I would need a hoist to do the shocks and springs. The rest, I can't imagine lying on my -20 C degree temperature garage floor to do those - LCB's, muffler etc.

Where do you live? Maybe I can come over and do them on your hoist? Just kidding......
Old 01-28-03 | 11:04 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

The onlything you'd need done is the struts/springs..
Question, how come your putting all this on your car now?? Why don't you wait till it warms up?? That's what I'm doing, you should see all the parts I have sitting collecting dust waiting for Spring to roll around..
Old 01-28-03 | 11:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Can't wait till spring - the suspense will kill me before then.

What parts do you have lying around? Your car looks modded out quite a bit already....
Old 01-28-03 | 01:51 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Hameed
Can't wait till spring - the suspense will kill me before then.

What parts do you have lying around? Your car looks modded out quite a bit already....
You'll see this Spring......
Old 01-28-03 | 02:58 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hi MrSypher,

Where did you buy the G2 caliper paint from? I checked here http://www.g2usa.com/bcps-inst.shtml - but they don't have online ordering. Know a good place to order these from? Thanks!
Old 01-28-03 | 03:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

just get high temperature engine enamel paint 500C, same stuff.. i have it and rmmgs4 has it, never a problem and it's just 3 bucks a can
Old 01-28-03 | 03:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Hameed
Hi MrSypher,

Where did you buy the G2 caliper paint from? I checked here http://www.g2usa.com/bcps-inst.shtml - but they don't have online ordering. Know a good place to order these from? Thanks!
Just do a google search for it. I bought mine online (can't remember the site now).
Old 01-28-03 | 09:10 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Here is a good place to get the caliper paint.. They have the most colors I've seen in one place.. Plus they have alot of other cool stuff you might be interested in....

Eastwood.....

Quick Reply: Just placed my first handling mods order!!!