Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Changed out your springrate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 07:38 AM
Ahmedootie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OKSTANCE
i have 18/16k on my BC extreme lows on my ucf11
i could easily tuck wheel and travel with a full car if i wanted and no rubbing
but thats mostly due to my tire sizes being stretched, some negative camber, and fender work

love how they can take a huge bump like its nothing since they are dampened accordingly =]]
Yea that's my goal lol

I'm thinking the same setup, 18/16... time to sell these current ones lol

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
Yeahhh, if your wheel specs and suspension set up is dialed in correctly, you shouldnt really need stiffer springs unless you're hauling fat people. I'm not as aggressive as others don't get me wrong, 19x9.5 +20 with a 215/35/19 and -5* camber all around but I get around fine with people loaded up,I'm on blown stances though, don't ask I got them like that -_-

Untitled by PJurisprudencia, on Flickr
I am running 11 +8's in the back. -4.5 degrees of camber...zero'ed out the rest.

fenders are pulled fairly aggressively as well.
Old 04-29-14, 08:05 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Update

Awesome replies.. thank you all for your input..
Just to keep you updated on my inquiry here is what TEIN had to say about my request:

ME:
"I have comfort sport version 2 on my GS 400. Is there a way that I can achieve a lower ride height other than the one that is currently available with the comfort sport suspension?"

TEIN:
"Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Products.

Our apologies for the delay in reply. Depending on the drop addition you are looking to achieve, this would be possible but only by a small amount. Please provide us with further details as to the amount of drop you are looking to achieve and we can gladly look into whether this would be possible.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

ME:
"Thank you for the reply.. an additional 1/2 inch drop would be desirable. I await your reply"

TEIN:
"For this particular application, unfortunately only the front would allow for the change in spring length as the next available length for the rear would be 2 inches shorter making it excessively to short with the possibility of damaging the damper. The fronts can be adjusted to a one inch shorter length but would require an increase in spring rate as to allow for the support in weight and maintain a more decent ride quality. The part number for the replacement spring would be SV100-01250. The springs are priced at $120 for the pair and would be required to be special order from Japan. Standard time frame for special order would be 2 to 3 months.
For the rear spring, you can contact another spring manufacturer to ask if the would have a spring in a 275mm length with 65mm I.D. and 9KG spring as that would be the best spring which can be used to achieve the drop you are seeking. Please keep in mind that setting the damper ride height at an extremely low setting can prematurely wear out the damper as well as give a poor ride quality as the dampers piston stroke has been shortened".

Well there you have it.. looks like I will be searching for some new suspension parts..
sigh...
Old 04-30-14, 01:31 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know what options do I have when I order BCR coils and they say that I can decide how stiff the springs are?
Or is that even an option in the states?

I'd think I'd have to have (based on this thread) atleast 14/12 or 16/14 to not bottom out when the car is fully loaded. Btw why is it that the fronts are generally stiffer than rears?
Setup would be BCR V1 and 19x8 ET10/19x11 ET20. I'm not necessarily looking for hellaflush fitment but it'd be nice to have them sit somewhat flush to the fenders.

I think this is an issue mostly on the rear springs because the weight is 'all' there.

Edit: Stock spring rates are 10/8 and it seems that the place where I was going to order them doesn't have the spring stiffness option anymore.
Old 04-30-14, 04:00 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lutkis
Does anyone know what options do I have when I order BCR coils and they say that I can decide how stiff the springs are?
Or is that even an option in the states?

I'd think I'd have to have (based on this thread) atleast 14/12 or 16/14 to not bottom out when the car is fully loaded. Btw why is it that the fronts are generally stiffer than rears?
Setup would be BCR V1 and 19x8 ET10/19x11 ET20. I'm not necessarily looking for hellaflush fitment but it'd be nice to have them sit somewhat flush to the fenders.

I think this is an issue mostly on the rear springs because the weight is 'all' there.

Edit: Stock spring rates are 10/8 and it seems that the place where I was going to order them doesn't have the spring stiffness option anymore.
I think the options depend on your imagination... but the highest I've seen were 20/18, but I don't doubt they could get a higher rated spring if need be.

As for what ones you want, it'll depend on how low and/or stiff you want the car to be. If you're not going to be slammed, then you won't need that high of a rate unless you just want a firm/sporty/whatever ride. I'm going with an 18/14 on my new setup because I'm going to be running low but with a cup kit; I'm considering a 20/16 but we'll see.

Also, the fronts are generally stiffer than the rear due to the weight distribution caused by the engine... and damn, your wheel sizes are reminiscent of a Porsche stagger lol Good luck with it, what wheels did you go with?
Old 04-30-14, 05:01 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
I think the options depend on your imagination... but the highest I've seen were 20/18, but I don't doubt they could get a higher rated spring if need be.
I asked from another place where they do offer stiffer springs free of charge and they said that they can deliver both 14/12 and 16/14. I think I'll go with 16/14.

As for what ones you want, it'll depend on how low and/or stiff you want the car to be. If you're not going to be slammed, then you won't need that high of a rate unless you just want a firm/sporty/whatever ride. I'm going with an 18/14 on my new setup because I'm going to be running low but with a cup kit; I'm considering a 20/16 but we'll see.
I want to be as low as possible. With my wheels the rears are most likely to go pretty close to the fender. I just want it to sit flush and still be able to ride with full load, which btw happens very rarely. But when it happens I'd like to pull it off without too much scraping.
Catch my drift?

Also, the fronts are generally stiffer than the rear due to the weight distribution caused by the engine... and damn, your wheel sizes are reminiscent of a Porsche stagger lol Good luck with it, what wheels did you go with?
Is that a good or a bad thing? I went with the Harline WH-5's, they were a steal!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...19-wheels.html