Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 09:58 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan Camber Kit

I plan on dropping my car 2" with Road Magnet springs. Do I need Megan Camber Kit? Every where I read has different opinions. Some say it will lower your car more. Is this true?

http://www.tunersports.com/megan-rac...311_p6190.html
Old 02-03-14, 10:04 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Road Magnet springs are the lowest spring you can buy and look really nice. YOu don't NEED the rear camber arms unless you want to CORRECT negative camber in the rear or you want to add more negative camber to tuck tires under wheel well. When lowering, you'll change the suspension geometry and if you want to have a near perfect alignment then you'll need these and maybe toe arms. I used to have these on my car but used them to max out negative camber. Short answer, you'll be fine for a while without them. If tires get worn quickly, this can be a solution.
Old 02-03-14, 10:11 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Road Magnet springs are the lowest spring you can buy and look really nice. YOu don't NEED the rear camber arms unless you want to CORRECT negative camber in the rear or you want to add more negative camber to tuck tires under wheel well. When lowering, you'll change the suspension geometry and if you want to have a near perfect alignment then you'll need these and maybe toe arms. I used to have these on my car but used them to max out negative camber. Short answer, you'll be fine for a while without them. If tires get worn quickly, this can be a solution.
Thanks a lot! Why do some people say the get them to lower the car more?
Old 02-03-14, 11:22 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

2 reasons:
1st your car will be well outside factory alignment specs. If you don't care how the car handles or how the tires wear that might be ok for you. Other people might think that is not ok, so they reccomend the parts in order to get the alignment back where they think it needs to be.

2nd, if you want to go really low, and have some agressive wheels you might need more negative camber in order to make the wheels/tires fit with minimal rubbing.
Old 02-03-14, 01:03 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
2 reasons:
1st your car will be well outside factory alignment specs. If you don't care how the car handles or how the tires wear that might be ok for you. Other people might think that is not ok, so they reccomend the parts in order to get the alignment back where they think it needs to be.

2nd, if you want to go really low, and have some agressive wheels you might need more negative camber in order to make the wheels/tires fit with minimal rubbing.
Thanks! What are these ones used for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-REAR-ADJ-UPPER-ARMS-CAMBER-06-13-LEXUS-IS-250-350-XE20-2GR-4GR-RWD-ONLY-/151217728234?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus%7CModel%3AIS250&hash=item2335476aea&vxp=mtr
Old 02-03-14, 03:58 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

There are 2 upper links on the rear suspension, that one is usually known as the rear upper link. The front upper link is the one that is more often called the camber arm.

From what I understand if you are looking for a reasonable adjustment in camber, you will only need the camber arm. If you want to go crazy with adjustment, or are super worried about binding that may be created by adjusting only one of the links, you may need more than just the camber arm.
Old 02-03-14, 04:04 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

So it sounds like I would just need these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380833354069
Old 02-03-14, 04:20 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

^Yes, but that price is HIGH!

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/-...FZPm7Aodkz0AKA
Old 02-04-14, 09:03 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Why do they have two of the same items with different part numbers listed when they look identical but much different price.
Old 02-04-14, 10:31 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Deegee
Why do they have two of the same items with different part numbers listed when they look identical but much different price.
I see three different parts listed on Vivid's website:
MRS-LX-0322 - Rear Upper Arms
MRS-LX-0311 - Rear Camber Kit
MRS-LX-0322 - Rear Toe Control Arms

The toe arms and camber arms look the same, but the length is significantly different between these two parts, they are not the same part nor are they interchangeable. (I've got a pair of each in my garage waiting to go on my car)

Comparing to Megan Racing's website 2 of the part numbers are different:
MRS-LX-0321 - Rear Upper Arms
MRS-LX-0311 - Rear Camber Kit
MRS-LX-0371 - Rear Toe Control Arms
Old 02-12-14, 07:57 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
good look on that link... it helped me with my buy!!!
Old 02-12-14, 12:34 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Just to clear up the question about why the items look the same on their website but are different prices, I went and e-mailed them this and this was their reply;

Hello Daniel,

It appears that the items were mislisted on our site, I provided you a link below that will show both items in detail.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...d=886&catid=25

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=1219&catid=91

Which one were you interested in ordering?

Sincerely,

Ahmed Sulfab
Phone Ext: 231Vivid Racing
Sales and Support
Tel: 1.480.966.3040
Web: www.vividracing.com

EDIT: They still offer the cheapest arms most commonly used for adjustments on our cars (first link) lets just hope they don't send me a pink one.
Old 02-14-14, 03:11 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very Nice color Deegee.. I had bought the Blue Megan camber kit and never got around to install it.. thankfully the vossens I have dont rub againt the fenders so no need for them.. have them just in case
Old 02-17-14, 08:24 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like they sent me the blue one which is fine, i woulda rocked either tbh.

I installed them last weekend and was a breeze. Once i get my new wheels I'm going to have them re aslign the car.
Old 02-17-14, 09:16 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

I got the blue rear and the pink front. Blue front was out at the time so I took the pink so I didn't have to wait for the install.
Attached Thumbnails Megan Camber Kit-front-uca-and-rca-001-800x531-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Megan Camber Kit