Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Chassis and Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14 | 04:47 PM
Miikee26
Driver School Candidate

Default Chassis and Sway Bars

hey guys. what are the best chassis and sway bars for smooth daily drives should i get for my 2010Lexus IS250? Thanks!
Old 03-19-14 | 05:33 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

F-sport sway are what most members use and love them.
Old 03-19-14 | 05:49 PM
Miikee26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by laobo979
F-sport sway are what most members use and love them.
what about chassis?
Old 03-19-14 | 07:47 PM
Gville350

If you care about a soft, comfy daily ride...then upgrading the sway bars and the chassis braces really isn't necessary.
Old 03-19-14 | 08:50 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Miikee26
hey guys. what are the best chassis and sway bars for smooth daily drives should i get for my 2010Lexus IS250? Thanks!
what do you mean by chassis? Like frame bars or the actually chassis itself?

As for smooth are you looking to upgrade to smooth as in stock or smooth as in not too stiff like a brick with wheels?

I was told that for the is250 for a good setup is to get the isf rear sway bars and the f-sport front sway.

F-sports sways all around are good too cant go wrong there, just really depends what you consider as smooth daily when it comes to sways and chassis?? Sways are typically dependent on the ride during turns whether soft or aggressive. And when you get sways you tend to drive more aggressive on turns which doesnt make sense for a daily smooth... But Smooth daily sounds like you are just going straight and not take any tight turns...?? soo ummm... are you asking the right question? For daily smooth sounds more like you should be asking about suspension topics like coilovers, springs and shocks...
Old 03-20-14 | 03:52 PM
Miikee26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by azfsprt
what do you mean by chassis? Like frame bars or the actually chassis itself?

As for smooth are you looking to upgrade to smooth as in stock or smooth as in not too stiff like a brick with wheels?

I was told that for the is250 for a good setup is to get the isf rear sway bars and the f-sport front sway.

F-sports sways all around are good too cant go wrong there, just really depends what you consider as smooth daily when it comes to sways and chassis?? Sways are typically dependent on the ride during turns whether soft or aggressive. And when you get sways you tend to drive more aggressive on turns which doesnt make sense for a daily smooth... But Smooth daily sounds like you are just going straight and not take any tight turns...?? soo ummm... are you asking the right question? For daily smooth sounds more like you should be asking about suspension topics like coilovers, springs and shocks...
my daily drive does contains alot of turns because i take this one freeway from la to arcadia (in California). so when i'm going at a speed around 70-75 and making those turns while keeping a decent speed i feel like i'm going to lose traction and flip (even though that might not happen).
Old 03-20-14 | 04:42 PM
Gville350

^So are you wanting a more tight, well-handling DD'r in the corners then? That we can address!

What is your budget?
Old 03-22-14 | 08:48 PM
Miikee26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
^So are you wanting a more tight, well-handling DD'r in the corners then? That we can address!

What is your budget?
yes that's right. my budget is $1000.
Old 03-23-14 | 09:20 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

are you able to do some of the labour yourself?

will you consider preowned parts? You might be able to get some deals if you are a bit patient and check the classifieds here occasionally.

Installing a rear sway bar is pretty simple. coilovers are going to be out of your budget unless you get used or are willing to do the work yourself. Coilovers aren't that difficult to install, but if you aren't mechanically inclined at all, or don't have someone who is so inclined ready to help, you'd be better off not tackling the job. Lowering springs are a bit more work, but would cost you less, leaving more in your budget for other things.
Old 03-23-14 | 09:48 PM
Lexus28
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2011 is250 fsport. I commute about 54 miles every day and have the fsport f&r sways and the fsport chassis brace. It's not too stiff for me at all. To be honest the car feels dramatically different and is way more fun and engaging to drive.
Old 03-24-14 | 06:44 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

I had he F Sport sway bars and chassis brace (among other braces). If you're not even lowered yet then I'd concentrate on that. A lower center of gravity will help with that body roll you're describing.
Old 03-25-14 | 12:22 PM
redspencer
OG Member

If one of your main priorities is maintaining a smooth ride, I'd recommend getting the F-Sport Front and Rear Sways as well as better tires. Swapping out your shocks and springs may affect your ride comfort unless you use coilovers.
Old 03-26-14 | 05:51 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Hi Mike, I'm from arcadia as well and I think you're talking about the 110 freeway? Anyways, I would recommend getting the Fsport rear sway bar and some coilovers such as the Megan EZ or BCR's. Also consider summer tires with much more grip like the hankook v12 or Michelin supersport. As far as chassis goes, you can get the Fsport chassis brace and tanabe front under brace. PM me sometime and I'll let you drive my car and see if the suspension mods I've done would be a good choice for you.

-Alex