Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Confirmed (With Pics): Supra Lower Control Arms LCA's on Lexus SC-300

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-21, 10:51 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 504 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Also to add for those new here, the ball joing on our control arms (lower) is not replaceable. when they go bad you have to replace the entire arm. thats why its better to just do the whole supra arms so you get new bushings, balljoints, the works. if you just do new bushings on tired old SC ball joints, you might still have a loose/wandering steering feeling.

also the bushings in the supra arms are more firm than our arms and should last longer, so its an upgrade as well.
The shop I had pictured said I need a lower, passenger side ball joint. I take it from Ali I need the whole control arm
So where are places I can get this ball joint control arm right now.
All help is greatly appreciated, as I don't know this stuff 👍
Old 06-06-21, 03:32 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 365 Likes on 246 Posts

Search “Supra LCA” on Google and go from there. The Lexus ones are twice as much (many threads to search can explain).

If you really want to invest, Fig Engineering sells “bullet proof” LCAs and are expensive and are made to order.

Good luck...
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (06-08-21)
Old 06-08-21, 12:58 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Thanks Duck, appreciate that
Did that, May have found one, a shop called McGeorge. Supra about $500🤞🏻
thanks again

Last edited by Barbary; 06-09-21 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-09-21, 08:32 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Lower Control Arm - Toyota (48068-14080)

getting ready to place an oder w McGeorge Toyota

want to double check w the forum that it will work on my 92 SC400
Old 06-09-21, 11:30 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

As noted in the first post.

93-96 Supra LCA's =
Passenger side RF - 48068-14080 https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.c...arm-4806814080
Drivers side LF - 48069-14080 https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.c...arm-4806914080
The following 2 users liked this post by joewitafro:
Barbary (06-10-21), onizukhoa (03-27-22)
Old 07-17-23, 04:07 PM
sheila814
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 SC400 front end suspension

My 1993 SC400 with160,000 miles seems to be lunging forward as I drive. I look at the suspension and saw that the rubber on the various parks was deteriorating (wear and tear and hot road conditions in central florida for 22 years.
the site I checked out for front end parts listed them as DISCONTINUED. are these parts really no longer available for my 93 SC400?
Any suggestions besides giving up this on this car?
Old 07-17-23, 04:18 PM
sheila814
Rookie

do you know if front end parts for 1993 LC400 are still available. MYLEXUSPARTS states they are discontinued. I don't know what is wrong that the car feels like its lunging forward as I drive down the road. tires or front end??? the rubber on the suspension was deteriorating the last time I looked.. car has 160.000 miles.
Old 07-17-23, 04:31 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sheila814
do you know if front end parts for 1993 LC400 are still available. MYLEXUSPARTS states they are discontinued. I don't know what is wrong that the car feels like its lunging forward as I drive down the road. tires or front end??? the rubber on the suspension was deteriorating the last time I looked.. car has 160.000 miles.
Does it do it when you 1st turn it on and put it to drive? Or does it juat jump everytime you let off the brake?? May be a variety of things, but I don't think it's LCA's.. As per LCAs for the SC300/400 the OEM Toyota Supra one's are compatible. Other than that aftermarkets are the only other option.
Old 07-17-23, 04:37 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

My 1993 SC400 with160,000 miles seems to be lunging forward as I drive. I look at the suspension and saw that the rubber on the various parks was deteriorating (wear and tear and hot road conditions in central florida for 22 years.
the site I checked out for front end parts listed them as DISCONTINUED. are these parts really no longer available for my 93 SC400?
Any suggestions besides giving up this on this car?
Polyeurathane rubber would be the only option for it to last another decade or more. They will be stiffer at first but may soften over time. For OEM stuff you can look up the Supra parts options if you want to stick to OEM.. Rubbers can definitely be upgraded and maintain a vehicle's integrity.

Additionally to your other post. A few things to look at would be your coolant level, check for leaks and check your transmission oil level. Last piece to check is the ECU. May need to be rebuilt. For that you can email Tanin or other similar places for service.
Old 07-17-23, 08:04 PM
sheila814
Rookie

my daughter has been driving this car. she just told me that we drove it two days ago and now the steering wheel is **** to the left while the wheels are pointed straight ahead. my thoughtwas thegeer in the steering box is damaged. i just check the power steering fluid and it is topped off as it should be. however, that doesn't rule out a damaged gear, does it?
any other ideas are welcome!
Old 07-17-23, 08:26 PM
sheila814
Rookie

thank you. I know of Tannin. I need them to rebuild my cluster but needed to drive the car and have gotten by with no speedometer or lights on the needles. I bought an ECM from a recycling yard for $150 that's worked perfectly for 5 years. The first one installed when the capacitors melted was put in by a "shade tree" mechanic that got a ECM off a site on the internet. for 4 years I ask why all my lights were still on. Pulled the ecm and found the website had covered the part number with their sticker and it wasn't even the part for my car!!! I HAD BEEN DRIVING IN "LIMP IN MODE" FOR 4 YEARS! the car ran o and didn't use any more gas than usual. However, it definitely was not driving like a V8!
Old 07-18-23, 12:26 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Tanin Auto Electronix for instrument cluster and climate control unit repairs and ECU re-capacitor service by special request on a case-by-case basis. They have a very thorough quality control process. Also as an alternative SIA Electronics is another option for ECU re-capacitor service only. Most of the time ECUs can be repaired easily with this service. On occasion you may need another good used ECU and have that unit re-capped.

The front lower control arms (OEM) for a 1993-1996 Toyota Supra MKIV have been a common direct bolt in replacement and slight upgrade for our cars for years. Try getting them from McGeorge Toyota online parts for a discount.

The ball joints on the front lower control arms (Lexus SC/Soarer and Supra MKIV) are non-serviceable and that is why eventually new OEM arms will be needed. Eventually. Aftermarket arms are made by companies like Figs Engineering, Battle Version, etc.

You probably know already but your PS fluid reservoir does not take common power steering fluid. You should only use old style Toyota ATF fluid in there (or any Dexron II/III/IV compatible ATF fluid).

Old 07-18-23, 05:53 AM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

my daughter has been driving this car. she just told me that we drove it two days ago and now the steering wheel is **** to the left while the wheels are pointed straight ahead. my thoughtwas thegeer in the steering box is damaged. i just check the power steering fluid and it is topped off as it should be. however, that doesn't rule out a damaged gear, does it?
any other ideas are welcome!
thank you. I know of Tannin. I need them to rebuild my cluster but needed to drive the car and have gotten by with no speedometer or lights on the needles. I bought an ECM from a recycling yard for $150 that's worked perfectly for 5 years. The first one installed when the capacitors melted was put in by a "shade tree" mechanic that got a ECM off a site on the internet. for 4 years I ask why all my lights were still on. Pulled the ecm and found the website had covered the part number with their sticker and it wasn't even the part for my car!!! I HAD BEEN DRIVING IN "LIMP IN MODE" FOR 4 YEARS! the car ran o and didn't use any more gas than usual. However, it definitely was not driving like a V8!
Reference your steering being off, I would check alignment first. There is no real telling what went wrong for the steering wheel to be off like that. Small probability skidding into an embankment or curb while having the wheels turned slightly will tweak your steering wheel. Example I had an accident in another car and hit the curb with wheels turned and it tweaked my alignment pretty bad to the point that my steering wheel was at 90 degrees to drive in a straight line. Alignment is a cheaper option than replacing your steering gear, unless it's confirmed your gearing is bad. When you take it in for an alignment, don't mention steering gear otherwise, they will overlook everything and clamp on to replacing the steering gear. If they tell you, it's the steering gear, then you can confirm the issue then, plus getting an alignment included in your labor costs.

Referencing the wrong ECM Some sites state that all ECMs work for all models, but it's more complicated than that. In this forum I've learned that they're all grouped in 3s or so, 91-93 94, 95, 96-2000 (vvt). Odds are you got a 94 or 95. 94 and 95 are separate units as they have very slight differences between them as they transitioned into OBD2. I have a 95 ECM and compared to the 93 ECM there was about a handful of differences between them including a transmission sensor. Due to the flashing lights and limp mode as it requires 1 or more sensors for the transmission to function properly, knocking you into limp mode when they're not there as to protect the transmission. Hope this helps some...