Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dropping a GS with Rims and a bodykit, what are the clearance issues with doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-03 | 12:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Coolguy949
Fiberglass cracks when it gets damaged or hit lightly. Ever see those lowered hondas with their front body kit cracked at the bottom? That's what fiberglass does if you bottom out too hard.
That's my view on the whole thing.
That's because most "hondas" use VERY LOW QUALITY and thin body kits (that's why they're only $599)...When you feel a substantial fiberglass kit, you can see and feel the difference.

Also, Fiberglass kits are lighter than their urathane counterparts.

Honestly when it comes to picking a body kit, I don't worry about it being fiberglass or urathane...I care about getting one that looks good and fits well.
Old 02-25-03 | 02:50 PM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may not be important to you whether the kit is urethane or fiberglass but i live in New York and there are so mnay potholes and uneven roads its not even funny. So when i look inot bodykits, the durability of the kit is definetly very important to me. And i t seems that almost everyone agrees that urethane is stronger than fiberglass. I just dont have the funds to keep replacing bumpers...or even just getting touch ups done on the kit. It just sucks that 95% of the kits out there are fiberglass.
Old 02-25-03 | 08:36 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have had kits on every single car that I have owned(and its alot of cars), all of which had glass kits except for one. A quality fiberglass kit will not crack that easily, a pice of shiznit one will. I personally would hope that the shiznit one wouldnt be on a Lex to begin with. All of my cars have been slammed, they all have scraped, and I have never had one really break or crack badly on me.

Fiberglass kit,
It can be repaired at a relatively low cost
It can be worked with to fit the car perfectly
Its light weight
If its a quality kit, its pretty durable

Poly Kits
They fit how they fit, if its not perfect fit then your out of luck, aside from trying to stretch them a little bit
Not repairable for the most part
Not as many options for poly kits

Im not saying poly kits suck, im just saying that glass ones dont!!
Old 02-26-03 | 08:01 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly when it comes to picking a body kit, I don't worry about it being fiberglass or urathane...I care about getting one that looks good and fits well. [/B][/QUOTE]

Same way people feel about rims =)