Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Need a camber kit for your GS?
Yes, I really need one!!
81.82%
No, I dont plan on lowering my car.
3.03%
No, I like eating the inside of my tires in 15K - 20K miles.
6.06%
What's a camber kit?
9.09%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Need a Camber Kit for your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-07, 07:20 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought the rear kmac camber adjusters. it replaces the stock adjusters in the rear lower control arms and is supposed to offer a greater range of adjustment compared to stock. it includes an installation/removal tool, and the instructions indicate that the shop time required to re/re is 1 hour per side.

(yeah i know what good is a pic of the box. sorry the rest of my pics didn't come out i will try and post later)

i was told that kmac is finalizing their front camber adjusters for the 2nd gen gs... due out sometime next year.

i also bought youzealand rear camber adjusters in conjunction with night-pager front adjusters. it should push my lower arms back down at least 25mm. i hope this will sort out some of my suspension issues
Old 11-26-07, 05:38 PM
DJC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i bought the rear kmac camber adjusters. it replaces the stock adjusters in the rear lower control arms and is supposed to offer a greater range of adjustment compared to stock. it includes an installation/removal tool, and the instructions indicate that the shop time required to re/re is 1 hour per side.

(yeah i know what good is a pic of the box. sorry the rest of my pics didn't come out i will try and post later)

i was told that kmac is finalizing their front camber adjusters for the 2nd gen gs... due out sometime next year.

i also bought youzealand rear camber adjusters in conjunction with night-pager front adjusters. it should push my lower arms back down at least 25mm. i hope this will sort out some of my suspension issues
BenjaminT,
Thanks for the info and please keep us posted on the results of the install. Hopefully this company (or another) will come out with a much needed solution for the front.

Cheers,
DJC
Old 11-27-07, 07:39 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

instructions:

installation tool:

the bushing itself:

Old 11-27-07, 07:42 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

youzealand rear camber adjusters....

scans of the install paperwork (hope you can read japanese):

parts for one side:

Old 11-27-07, 07:49 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

night pager front lower camber adjusters

instructions (again in japanese):

parts:

Old 11-27-07, 11:04 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Finally!!! I have talking about RCA's for over 3 years as a camber solution, but for only those that have coilovers because you will have to raise the front once the RCA's are installed ..The Rca's will bring the front down about 1/2'' so you will have to raise the front to compensate for the extra drop..Good luck Benjamin T, if you need any help or tips feel free to PM me..BTW, if you havent already you may want to replace balljoints while you there..
Old 11-27-07, 02:42 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

yes i have ball joints and tie rods sitting here too... just trying to see how much $$$ i have left after xmas shopping to pay the mechanic to install them

with these rca's i could run ucf30 front calipers without having to shave anything. i also bought from night pager wheel spacers in the front which are custom made to fit the stock 17" 5-spoke wheels so that i can still use them with either the ucf30 calipers and supra calipers as well... i think it's 13mm total, and it comes with extended studs.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 11-27-07 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 08:35 PM
SloGS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
yes i have ball joints and tie rods sitting here too... just trying to see how much $$$ i have left after xmas shopping to pay the mechanic to install them

with these rca's i could run ucf30 front calipers without having to shave anything. i also bought from night pager wheel spacers in the front which are custom made to fit the stock 17" 5-spoke wheels so that i can still use them with either the ucf30 calipers and supra calipers as well... i think it's 13mm total, and it comes with extended studs.

Cool stuff,

How much were those RCA's? How much camber do they correct?
Old 11-28-07, 12:49 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so just gettin all the adjustable arms wouldnt be the same ****?
Old 11-28-07, 07:54 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marshun
so just gettin all the adjustable arms wouldnt be the same ****?
yes, but i didn't want to risk dealing with solid metal or urethane bushings (ie. noise, harsh ride).
Old 11-28-07, 07:58 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SloGS400
Cool stuff,

How much were those RCA's? How much camber do they correct?
(use yahoo's babelfish translation site to view the sites posted below)

the fronts were from http://night-pager.com/parts/parts_e...ollcenter.html

the rears i got from http://www.youzealand.net/sskit/16ari.html

everything was done through http://www.rhdjapan.com

the reason i have night pager fronts was because back when i got them, i didn't know that youzealand had them for both front and rear... had i known i would have bought everything from youzealand as a matched set. oh well.

i'm not sure how much camber they can correct, since it's proportional to what ride height you've set your coilovers to. but they drop the lower arms as much as 25mm, which again depending on your ride height, may push your camber adjustment range back into spec.

in my case, one of my rear stock camber adjusters is stripped by someone previous, so i have to change both out

Last edited by Benjamin T; 11-28-07 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-28-07, 01:11 PM
lexesive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJC
BenjaminT,
Thanks for the info and please keep us posted on the results of the install. Hopefully this company (or another) will come out with a much needed solution for the front.

Cheers,
DJC
Fronts are now available from Kmac for the GS2, $380.00 Au.

I was talking to the manufacturer here in Australia yesterday about them, they replace the inboard bushes on the top control arm, similar to the rear set up I guess and I seem to recall he said they adjust both camber and caster? correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Geoff
Old 11-28-07, 01:21 PM
Raph TT
Pole Position

subcribing to this thread

edit: this is the RCA isnt it?

http://www.youzealand.net/sskit/14ari.html

edit2. they also offer a kit in the rear..theoretically,one could order both kits and save getting lowering springs lol..

Last edited by Raph TT; 11-28-07 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-28-07, 01:42 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexesive
Fronts are now available from Kmac for the GS2, $380.00 Au.

I was talking to the manufacturer here in Australia yesterday about them, they replace the inboard bushes on the top control arm, similar to the rear set up I guess and I seem to recall he said they adjust both camber and caster? correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Geoff

doh. http://www.iapdirect.com , where i bought my stuff from, told me it would be next year for stock. i guess kmac will cater to their home market (AU) first, then the rest of the world second

where are the stock camber adjusters located on the 2gs? is it in the lower arms?

i'm not very familiar with this topic. if it were the top bushings, would you have to pull both the wheel and arms out in order to access any adjustment bolts?

if it is the top bushings, then yes i can see caster being adjustable (ie. pull the forward adjuster in and let the other one out).

a lot of other shops, like nagisa, have adjustable upper arms, but it's fixed at the bushings, and it's the part where the knuckle bolts to that can slide in and out, but it dosen't do caster. this isn't good for me because i have a lot offset wheel, and if i have to push the wheel out to gain positive camber, my wheel will stick out past the fender at the top

Last edited by Benjamin T; 11-28-07 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-29-07, 07:12 AM
Raph TT
Pole Position

you may be worrying too much.. -1deg all around is fine.. european cars have a much more agressive spec.. my omega sedan had -2,20" rear camber and that was still in spec.. (1,30 to 2,30)

remember, Aisian and US manufacturers have a very generous camber spec.. many of them beig around 0°20" .. thats just to preserve tire life.. imho.. tires that last 20 000 miles are great (30,000kms) and thats seen as normal over here

no,we dont have tire manufacturers offering crazy tread life garantees here.

its simple..wide tires wear faster,heavy cars eat tires.

Quick Reply: Need a Camber Kit for your GS?