Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

coilovers vs. springs/shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 05:41 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
You will probably have something like 1.5-2 fingers in the front and about half that in the rear. Just my humble opinion, with the large wheels the car needs to go lower to give it the proper sporty stance. Thats just me though, do what you like!

yes i will go with the coilovers later but to hold me over i bought the eibachs thanks shawn
Old 05-04-04, 07:08 PM
Astr0LuX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone. Im new to clublexus. Been on IS300.net for a while and I have a GS question.

My mom is runnin on some Giovanna 10-flush 18s. Ive been telling her it needs a drop because it has about a 4 finger gap in the front, and a 3 finger in the rear. I read this entire thread looking for a good set of springs to install on her car to close that gap up a bit, Maybe 1-2", but it seemed to turn into a coilover discussion. Thing is, this is my moms car, and she doesnt want the ride quality to be sacrificed very much. And coilovers arent really on my mind right now because she doesnt want it to be a performance car, she doesnt do canyon runs or anything, just back and forth to work and whatnot. She just wants the gap closed up. And Ive bee told this is the place to go for info about this. Please let me know what a good spring set-up would be. thanks alot.
Old 05-04-04, 07:08 PM
Astr0LuX
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone. Im new to clublexus. Been on IS300.net for a while and I have a GS question.

My mom is runnin on some Giovanna 10-flush 18s. Ive been telling her it needs a drop because it has about a 4 finger gap in the front, and a 3 finger in the rear. I read this entire thread looking for a good set of springs to install on her car to close that gap up a bit, Maybe 1-2", but it seemed to turn into a coilover discussion. Thing is, this is my moms car, and she doesnt want the ride quality to be sacrificed very much. And coilovers arent really on my mind right now because she doesnt want it to be a performance car, she doesnt do canyon runs or anything, just back and forth to work and whatnot. She just wants the gap closed up. And Ive bee told this is the place to go for info about this. Please let me know what a good spring set-up would be. thanks alot.

--Mario
Old 05-04-04, 07:10 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Astr0LuX

--Mario
go with the Ltuned shock and springs setup for the best stock like ride ..................
Old 05-04-04, 10:21 PM
Astr0LuX
Driver School Candidate

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

How much will that set-up cost? And I would think Carson Toyota carries them, yea?
Old 05-04-04, 10:24 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Astr0LuX
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

How much will that set-up cost? And I would think Carson Toyota carries them, yea?

yes carson toyota carries them
Old 07-09-04, 11:17 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Installed my coilovers today and the tein cs's are smoother and more comfy than my eibach springs.
Old 07-10-04, 12:28 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

1.5 finger gap in front 1 finger gap in rear and 20" with tein cs and the ride is almost stock !!!
Old 01-08-05, 05:25 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

imo never go with springs and shocks.....I will NOT purchase anything but coilovers....with the tein CS...I am able to achieve a great ride (1 finger gap) for everyday driving and I am able to slam it down at car shows adjustability plays such a huge factor for me...
Old 03-11-05, 05:56 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
imo never go with springs and shocks.....I will NOT purchase anything but coilovers....with the tein CS...I am able to achieve a great ride (1 finger gap) for everyday driving and I am able to slam it down at car shows adjustability plays such a huge factor for me...
Yes...i wish I had waited for coils....next mod...LOL!!!

Anyways...i thought you said in another thread that the CS can't be slammed.
Old 03-13-05, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Yes...i wish I had waited for coils....next mod...LOL!!!

Anyways...i thought you said in another thread that the CS can't be slammed.
i thought so too, at least for teh front? i guess for teh back if you put enough ice it's going to slam it. look at lxogood's car, he has the tein cs, not all the way down yet, but already so darn low
Old 05-23-05, 09:00 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Suspension mods !!!

Was going to buy the L-Tuned shocks and springs but from all these that say just get coilovers, guess i will wait now the ??? is which are the best for ride and sound........
Old 05-23-05, 09:02 AM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

Default coilovers

i have the tein cs coil overs on my ls430 and it rides very close to factory
Old 05-23-05, 03:08 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

i have TEIN CS - i cant complain. it rides almost like stock. definately glad i went coilovers...EDFC is a nice added bonus....
Old 05-23-05, 08:25 PM
OsideGs4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
i thought so too, at least for teh front? i guess for teh back if you put enough ice it's going to slam it. look at lxogood's car, he has the tein cs, not all the way down yet, but already so darn low

The problem with slamming the tein CS is that 1.you decrease the preload of the spring. 2.
shorten your travel along with bringing your piston closer to bottoming out. the more you lower it ........ If you want to be slammed and not ride at the bottom of your shock ... you need to have a coilover system that shortens the entire length of the strut. LIke JIC FLT-A2 , Tein Flex and Zeal B6 are the only ones that do for lexus(To my knowledge). I tried the Tein CS on my car , if you like a stock ride with a body roll and do not like your car lower then 1.75 inches, then they are great.

Quick Reply: coilovers vs. springs/shocks