Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-03, 04:59 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sway Bar

Hey everyone, i got a question. I was wondering which sway bars give the best ride with no problems. i have heard HKS, TRD, Area 51 and i believe others make sway bars for the IS300. Also, around how much do they run for both front and back and also for just the front. Thanx so much!
Old 03-11-03, 01:11 PM
Styx
Rookie

Well, as far as sway bars go I can't say much about them. I can tell you that I looked into buting the HKS bars a few months ago and was told that they were discontinued. They ran about $460. As far as ride quality goes, anything you do to tighten the suspension is going to diminish your ride...but it is so worth it when you out corner a car that you probably shouldn't have . Goiod luck finding the right bars...and if you find some HKS ones...let me know
Old 03-15-03, 10:30 PM
Inochi3
Driver School Candidate

well the hks sways are discontinued and area51 just went bankrupt so you're left with trd, eibach or l-tuned, the eibach's are pretty much the same as l-tuned and the trd race sways are thicker than both
Old 03-16-03, 12:48 AM
SinGin
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Styx
Well, as far as sway bars go I can't say much about them. I can tell you that I looked into buting the HKS bars a few months ago and was told that they were discontinued. They ran about $460. As far as ride quality goes, anything you do to tighten the suspension is going to diminish your ride...but it is so worth it when you out corner a car that you probably shouldn't have . Goiod luck finding the right bars...and if you find some HKS ones...let me know
Sway bars reduce body roll. How does that really affect ride quality? The problem you might have is that rear might break loose a bit easier. But even that's probably a result of being able to push the car harder when cornering.