Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 07:50 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dex

wheel accident, 17s on, since addicted to performance and ride of 17s, reluctant to fix Lows.

on 20" br5, i don't notice any performance tradeoffs. but i guess that's what i miss for driving like a pansy

sick...nice challenge alright! i wanna see some TT on motion(don't read that like a perve)
Old 03-20-03, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

damn sick, you want me to crash my car? i will pass on the challenge
Old 03-20-03, 10:00 PM
LexFather

sick...nice challenge alright! i wanna see some TT on motion(don't read that like a perve)
Heck, you can hijack my thread for TTs. I want to see them in motion!
I don't want to hijack Sick's thread, but here's the short version:
Dude, your folk. Hi-jack away!
damn sick, you want me to crash my car? i will pass on the challenge
Hey, no dude, get someone else to take the pics while you drive

Bit u reading this. Next meet, we take pics of us moving again. I'll borrow my friends digital camera since mine sucks.

For instance, my OEM sized brakes, well to Manaray's delight, the calipers are painted red with Lexus written on them. People read it constantly, and the other day I had a friend drive my car and I drove his Max and I could read the Lexus (I know, physics). Just wanted to see some others in motion, I've never seen a pic of a GS with big brakes in motion.

Challenge is still on.
Old 03-20-03, 11:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Dude, your folk. Hi-jack away!

Hey, no dude, get someone else to take the pics while you drive

Bit u reading this. Next meet, we take pics of us moving again. I'll borrow my friends digital camera since mine sucks.

For instance, my OEM sized brakes, well to Manaray's delight, the calipers are painted red with Lexus written on them. People read it constantly, and the other day I had a friend drive my car and I drove his Max and I could read the Lexus (I know, physics). Just wanted to see some others in motion, I've never seen a pic of a GS with big brakes in motion.

Challenge is still on.
well i have seen mine on already, drove my other car and caught up with my gf driving my gs4. i could see the whole ap racing clearly. trust me, it's HUGE, and it's nice
Old 03-21-03, 05:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Challenge is still on.
OK, I'll bite. Dug around this AM and happened to have a picture taken of my TT brakes rolling on the way back from the Deal's Gap meet by Ethan (Static911) out of Dex's car Not the closest-up picture, and one of the spokes is right over top of the wheel, but you can usually see the big caliper very clearly. My wheels are a pretty open design, though.
Attached Thumbnails Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)-brake-rolling.jpg  

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-21-03 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-21-03, 10:41 AM
LexFather

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!! That looks awsome, it is very motivational from a spending money on big brakes perspective. Dave, that looks ****!
Old 03-21-03, 01:20 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

and we got a pic!! c'mon people, let's go!

and thanks dave
Old 03-21-03, 08:55 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some you of guys think the color red are for ricers but I love red calipers so here's mine!
Attached Thumbnails Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)-wheel.jpg  
Old 03-30-03, 05:08 PM
AramiGS400
Driver School Candidate

Brembo Grand Turismo 355 mm plus Volk Racing GTC Face 1

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-08 at 06:15 AM. Reason: fixed images
Old 03-30-03, 07:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally posted by AramiGS400
Arami - welcome to ClubLexus. Beautiful brakes and nice wheel choice (and overall great looking GS)! You should start a post with more pics of your car in the GS forum and tell us what all you've done to it!
Old 03-30-03, 08:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Oh mama, your car is AWESOME. So you're happy with 'dem huge brakes? Any problems?

I'm torn between Brembo and Stoptech for a future upgrade.
Old 03-30-03, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow, the GT is one hell of a kit man, nice job!
Old 03-30-03, 10:46 PM
AramiGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Arami - welcome to ClubLexus. Beautiful brakes and nice wheel choice (and overall great looking GS)! You should start a post with more pics of your car in the GS forum and tell us what all you've done to it!
Thank you guys for a warm welcome.

I just started playing with my six year old GS 400 to catch up with my primary toys street and track bikes.
My 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Turbo by Next Level Racing Systems from San Bernardino California delivers over 284 “spanking” rear wheel horse power, so I have long ways to go.
I started with DynoJet testing my 1998 GS 400 stock V8 with almost 80,000 California freeway miles at SP Engineering in City of Industry. My car, totally stock at that time, showed 257 rear wheel horse power. They started with installing Tein Flex with controller and most importantly they lower the car according to theirs specifications and experience as a well known high performance tuners. Then, they took care of the geometry adjustments and tuned the suspension so well, that I couldn’t believe that it is the same vehicle. I started driving with Rays Engineering 18" Volks Racing AV3's 8.5 " wide wheels and with Yokohama ES 100's tires all around, but the very next week I upgraded to a 19" Volks Racing GTC's featured above with recommended Face 1, 8.5" fronts and Face 2, 9.5" rears and Nitto 555 all around (275/30 x 19” rear and 245/35 x19” fronts).

(Now I have extra new 18" AV3's with new tires in my garage to complement somewone with appetite just for 18" wheels)

Car became sooooo sweet handling wise, that you could not upset the suspension with just the stock power especially with the stock torque converter. Simply the suspension outperformed the power plant so significantly that I felt compeled to start the job under the hood. So I installed K&N cold air intake, reinforced the Tein setup with Rod Millen front brace, complemented it with Rod Millen Signature carbon engine cover, Denso plugs, and add some other jewelry like braided hoses, silicon hoses and some minor silly stuff like that.
We tested the car on Dynojet again and we saw 24 rear wheel horse power gain with only K&N cold air intake, Denso Iridium spark plugs and a little bit tuning from SP Engineering master tech Rex. Then I went for the appropriate brakes as you saw above “they are sick”. And there is a rear BREMBO kit coming at the end of the next month. Specially for Supra Turbo with gorgeous all new designed 345mm rotors and the big four piston calipers. That kit will fit GS's rear end like "OJ glove".
Now I’m adding RMM racing torque converter recommended by Reyes Millen, Limited Slip Differential from RMM (with stock gear ratio) preparing car for the Millen Supercharger that will be installed this early summer. And, that’s it as far as the real Mods on the car. The rest will be just cosmetics. There is a VARIS Carbon fibre vented hood coming from Japan in about 8 weeks, AB Flug front half spoiler and front diffuser, AB Flug rear Carbon fibre under diffuser, AB Flug Carbon side skirts, Carbon Mirrors, Carbon air ducts and side vents, Color coordinated LexuusGrill.com RMM style grill, HID fog Lights , HID High/Low beam lights from Bellof Japan and bunch of little things that will give this six year old car a little bit of a face lift. But as it is, my GS is already spanking my friends new “**** Mobile” M3, and my other friend another “**** Mobile” E55 with only 276 SP Engineering Dyno tested rear wheel horse power (listed by factory as a ~345BHP car).

Well this is it for the starters. Now we have to be patient with the overseas orders and in about 8 to 12 weeks we should see all new looks of the car ready to spank some newer import and domestic sport cars.

I’ve joined here mostly to exchange info on High Performance, but street drivable Mods and to find out if we can get organize Lexus enthusiasts meetings here in California preferably at the California Speedway in Fontana just like we street bikers do with the motorcycles during so called “Track Dayz”.

Please advice on that issue.

Again thank you for a warm welcome,

Mark.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-08 at 06:16 AM. Reason: fixed images
Old 03-31-03, 10:13 AM
AramiGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bravo261
and we got a pic!! c'mon people, let's go!

and thanks dave
And here is another pic of a 19" ...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-08 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-31-03, 12:43 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Thank you guys for a warm welcome.

... I started with DynoJet testing my 1998 GS 400 stock V8 with almost 80,000 California freeway miles at SP Engineering in City of Industry. My car, totally stock at that time, showed 257 rear wheel horse power.
... We tested the car on Dynojet again and we saw 24 rear wheel horse power gain with only K&N cold air intake, Denso Iridium spark plugs and a little bit tuning from SP Engineering master tech Rex.
Great looking car and tastefully appointed!!! I must admit a certain preference for a Cinnabar GS with gun metal/polished Volks.

I'd love to start a new thread on your dyno results. Your stock HP is more than many WITH exhaust and intake and your second dyno is equally as impressive. Is it possible that those number represent the "spike" HP [and TQ] that occurs during the auto shift? Or perhaps the variance is more represenative of the type of dyno? Most stock or nearly stock GS have been dynoing between 225 and 240 HP, and many with intake and exhaust have been hitting about 260 HP. You also mention "tuning" by SP engineering and perhaps this explains the difference -- what was tuned and how?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quick Reply: Let me see those brakes!!! (tons of pics, the BRAKE thread)