Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Yet another preview....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 01:11 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yet another preview....

In addition to the preview in the previous thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=76421

Here is yet another preview...from my intial inspection, this kit is EXCELLENT...I can't wait to toss these on!

14 inches of pure love baby...oh wait...uh....nevermind...

Last edited by Manaray; 03-20-03 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-20-03, 02:08 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yet another preview....

jeeeeez thats sweet man

did you do the kit for them? meaning did you leave your car there for what was it two weeks?

its looking good Stoptech makes amazing stuff!
Old 03-20-03, 03:53 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Actually, they already had the kit developed...Luckily, the Supra and SC have identical suspension (well, dimensionally) so StopTech just tested these on an SC (not mine though) to make sure they functioned correctly...I spoke with their engineer and I was VERY IMPRESSED by him. Man, he really knows his stuff! I'm 100% confident in their brake system.

I toured their facility (they make nearly everything there!) and I am going to go back to take some photos which I will include in my write-up. All I can say is that I'm VERY impressed with their "shop" and their product. It looks amazing and I can't wait to put it on! Once my wheels are done (as these rotors are nearly the same size as my stock wheels! hehehehe), I'm going to slap these bad boys on there and after some proper break-in (ALWAYS IMPORTANT), I'm going to take the SC through my canyon testing spot to put them through the paces...

I am considering doing my GS430 also...maybe go with 4-caliper (front and rear) setup...

Nice thing about these calipers...they use standard Porsche pads (FMSI D372) so pad possibilites are quite large...

http://www.stoptech.com/faq/data/faq19.html

Last edited by Manaray; 03-20-03 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-20-03, 08:34 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price? Looks really nice
Old 03-20-03, 11:09 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manaray, I'm looking foreward to some canyon runs in the SC !!

Last edited by Richie; 03-20-03 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-21-03, 02:50 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
Actually, they already had the kit developed...Luckily, the Supra and SC have identical suspension (well, dimensionally) so StopTech just tested these on an SC (not mine though) to make sure they functioned correctly...I spoke with their engineer and I was VERY IMPRESSED by him. Man, he really knows his stuff! I'm 100% confident in their brake system.

I toured their facility (they make nearly everything there!) and I am going to go back to take some photos which I will include in my write-up. All I can say is that I'm VERY impressed with their "shop" and their product. It looks amazing and I can't wait to put it on! Once my wheels are done (as these rotors are nearly the same size as my stock wheels! hehehehe), I'm going to slap these bad boys on there and after some proper break-in (ALWAYS IMPORTANT), I'm going to take the SC through my canyon testing spot to put them through the paces...

I am considering doing my GS430 also...maybe go with 4-caliper (front and rear) setup...

Nice thing about these calipers...they use standard Porsche pads (FMSI D372) so pad possibilites are quite large...

http://www.stoptech.com/faq/data/faq19.html
ehehehe veeeerrryyy nice they really to amazing work! I forgot about are similarities with the Supra retarded because I have Supra brakes....

we wanted them to do a kit for the Maxima but... my friend who was donating his car was leaving the country so he wanted it done while he was gone and someone would have to pick up his car after the testing but Stoptech for good reason wouldnt let anyone other than the registered owner pick the car up!!

let us know how the testing goes!
Old 03-21-03, 03:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Price? Looks really nice
The 13" kit (332mm x 32mm) is $1995 list and the 14" (335mm x 32mm) kit is $2595 list. I believe Steve Ganz can get these...I'm also going to find out if they are willing to do a group buy... Anyone interested? Please post what you guys would consider a "reasonable" price to pay in the group buy (I just want a gauge to see if people are serious or just fooling themselves....)
Old 03-21-03, 05:54 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At that retail you can probably get a good set of Brembos and even AP Racing brake packages. Reasonable price for me to get them would be $2k. If not I will probably get either 12" set or just go for Brembos.
Old 03-21-03, 06:52 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The difference is, is that the Brembo $3000 setup is a 13" rotor, not a 14"...that setup is $3300....

The AP Racing setup is a 6-piston on a 13.5" rotor (that's what I have)...the list on that is $3300.

The StopTech 4-Piston, 13" setup is $1995 (for the SC anyways)....the 14" setup is $2595.

As for the difference...bro, you know if I didn't believe in the product, I DEFINITELY would not put it on my car... Team Lexus and TRD trusts StopTech, I do too... Don't get me wrong, AP and Brembo make a killer setup but the cost is substantially higher (for no good reason in respect to Brembo...def. banking on the name)...also, StopTech is local so you can get replacement parts and tech support easily...

If you're ever in the UCLA, you can check out my SC400 with the StopTechs (once I get them on)...I'll let ya test drive it so you can feel the brakes...