Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which springs/coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-03, 11:52 AM
RD_IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which springs/coilovers

Hi, i just got a brand new lexus IS300, and i want to lower it. But I want coilovers that will hold the car very well and have a very good ride. Does anyone recommend which springs or coilover I should get. I'm not all that familiar with the springs/coilovers, any help and feedback would be greatly appricated.
what would be better to have on the car, springs or coilovers?
Old 03-26-03, 03:04 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

i dont know too much about coilovers either, but i'm saving up for the TEIN coilover set, it runs about 1100 or something. Coilovers run very expensive for the lexus, but they have ground controls out for our car now and they are cheaper then most coilover sets. i personally would never buy springs becuase i like it better to be able to adjust to whatever height i want. i would look into HKS or TEIN, only my opinion though.
Old 03-26-03, 10:03 PM
Inochi3
Driver School Candidate

it all depends on what you want out of your car, you can go with a nice spring/shock combo like eibach, tein, h&r, l-tuned springs and some shocks like koni yellows or bilsteins or...

you can go with coilover sleeves such as ground control, you will have the height adjustability but will still need to eventually get aftermarket shocks or...

you can go with a threaded/full coilovers such as hks, tein, jic, zeal, cusco, it's like a spring/shock combo but the shocks are threaded, you have the height adjustability and dampening adjustability, these are fairly expensive but imo, i think they're worth it

i have the jic flt-a2's and i love them, they are height adjustable and you can adjust the strut travel as well as dampening

what's your budget looking like?
Old 04-14-03, 03:53 PM
HybridEF2
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Which springs/coilovers

Originally posted by RD_IS
Hi, i just got a brand new lexus IS300, and i want to lower it. But I want coilovers that will hold the car very well and have a very good ride. Does anyone recommend which springs or coilover I should get. I'm not all that familiar with the springs/coilovers, any help and feedback would be greatly appricated.
what would be better to have on the car, springs or coilovers?
You have mail