Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

3is RR-Racing USRS Bushings Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-15, 11:39 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by webra
I installed these (88duro version) on my 3IS non-F sport. On stock 17 wheels with Michelin PSS and a thicker rear sway bar. In combination it turns the IS into a superbly poised handler.

The bushing did not increase noise, and was totally silent in operation. In ride comfort it felt like going from 17 to 19 inch front tire/wheels; minimal additional harshness unless the road surface are badly broken.

The steering now feels alert, precise, progressively weighted, with excellent balance and improved feedback. Stability through corners is much improved, as in stability in braking.

The thicker rear sway nudges the car's cornering balance from understeer to neutral working well in concert with the improvements in the steering.

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for anyone looking for a fast road car setup.
What rear sway bar did you purchase. Im told there is not one made for the car, unless you went and used a 3IS Fsport model. please inform us.
Old 09-28-15, 01:14 PM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used the rear sway and bushing from the RC350. It's 3mm thicker in diameter the the stock one from my car, and has a more advanced bushing design.
Old 10-04-15, 10:11 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by webra
I used the rear sway and bushing from the RC350. It's 3mm thicker in diameter the the stock one from my car, and has a more advanced bushing design.
where did u get the RC350 rear sway bar and how hard is it to replace the rear sway bar on 3IS, I heard from my technician tat the whole rear axel need to be dropped in order to complete the install.
Old 10-05-15, 05:30 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Last weekend I had the opportunity finally to take the car for a fast road trip with an extended section of curvy roads. The balance, neutrality and steering response with the RR racing USRS bushing and the stiffer rear bar was finally put to the test. I was super pleased with the result. The shift from stock, which is already good, handling, and the current set up is quite significant, and the front end bite is hugely improved. Having driven an F sport version (mine is non F sport) I would imagine the effect would be as satisfying and balanced.

I got the bar from Japan, and it was very reasonably priced. It's a stock RC350 part, not aftermarket or upgrade. Yes, the rear subframe needs to be dropped slightly to allow the bars to be removed and fitted. The RC rear bar has a almost unnoticeable effect on ride quality. The USRS bushing does increase the impact harshness of the bumps, but for a fast road car the trade off is acceptable. For upgraded handling, I would consider these two mods and a decent set of tires as the first things to do on an 3IS. The Lexus engineering really shows its potential with these upgrades.
Old 11-14-15, 07:57 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question about the USRS. I will be receiving my 2016 IS350 fsport in two weeks. I have a wife and two young ones in car seats in the back. Do you think the increase in stiffness/harshness will be too much for my wife and the kids? In addition, will it significantly benefit with stock suspension /ride height and stock sway bars?

Really intrigued with this product especially after seeing the video comparing the stock bushing and the USRS one on the ISF.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-15, 09:12 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by alude
Question about the USRS. I will be receiving my 2016 IS350 fsport in two weeks. I have a wife and two young ones in car seats in the back. Do you think the increase in stiffness/harshness will be too much for my wife and the kids? In addition, will it significantly benefit with stock suspension /ride height and stock sway bars?

Really intrigued with this product especially after seeing the video comparing the stock bushing and the USRS one on the ISF.

Thanks in advance.
I have KW V3 and USRS on my car. Well it's not comfortable but I think it's not that stiff and harsh. At least my 1 yr old seems okay with that and my wife is cool with the stiffen ride.
Old 11-15-15, 09:30 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alude

Thanks in advance.
In the back you probably wouldn't feel it as much since the bushings affect the front lower control arms.
Your wife sitting in the front passenger seat may notice it, but I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker.
Especially with the stock suspension, and perhaps even stock wheels, you'd feel it even less than me.

They also offer a softer bushing than their regular normal ones, and also a much stiffer bushing than their regular one. I have the regular bushing, which is in between.

Last edited by LexSense; 11-15-15 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added original quote.
Old 11-15-15, 11:37 AM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
In the back you probably wouldn't feel it as much since the bushings affect the front lower control arms.
Your wife sitting in the front passenger seat may notice it, but I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker.
Especially with the stock suspension, and perhaps even stock wheels, you'd feel it even less than me.

They also offer a softer bushing than their regular normal ones, and also a much stiffer bushing than their regular one. I have the regular bushing, which is in between.

Great to hear that passengers in the back do not feel it as much. Will def get them. Just have to wait for the car to arrive now . Will provide my thoughts of the USRS once I have it installed. Will probably be in about a month from now. Car arriving on Nov 17

Thanks to all for your feedback