Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hawk HPS Supra TT Brake Pad review

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16 | 04:33 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

Well i bought the EBC Ultimax 2 for front and rear (OEM Replace) cost about 110$ for both , installed and have about 500 mile on them already and I'm very happy with it . Initial bite in the wet is great , it very smooth after in bed the pads...... Don't get me wrong with the Hawk HPS Pads it not a bad productt at all , but it just like @oldmantan said

"Bad conditions/lots of slush, rain, snow
This really scared me, we had some torrential rain here in chicago the past couple days and the brake pads were not working . Since the rotors and pads were almost always wet i had to smash the pedal pretty hard to get any sort of braking out of them. However once they start to rub that progressive friction feel comes back. My Solution was to simply press the brake a little before i start fully braking to dry the rotor and pads so they stick better. Pretty weird feeling as if the rotors were oiled (no i don't have any leaks anymore).

i live in the northeast and the weather were -10 couple weekend ago and Hawk HPS brakes pads work great in the "DRY COLD" but in the "Slush, rain, snow" it's scary ......
Old 03-04-16 | 04:39 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Default Since track pads are mentioned here

I thought I would give input. I am currently running Raybestos ST-43's on both front (LS400 caliper/rotor) and rear (stock SC caliper/rotor) supplied by Porterfield. Don't order these for the street, they would suck and burn up your rotors, but for track usage they can't be beat. I just completed a 14 hour endurance race and the pads are barely worn on front and rear. We have an upcoming 14 hour race at Daytona, so the long braking zone coming into the infield will probably burn up the pads, but that is to be expected. They aren't cheap, with a little discount thrown in the fronts are about $250, the rears a little less.