Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

StopTech Brake Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 07:33 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by isman
All I can say about the StopTech Brake kit is WOW. Dunno if you guys follow Sports Compact Magazine where annually they do the Ultimate Street Challenge, consisting of 10 cars. Let's just say on the braking competition the 2 cars out of 10 with the Stop Tech kit took 1st and 2nd. I have the 355mm (14") front and rear kit with Motul fluid and it's amazing. They are much better than the Wilwoods, Baer, and even the 6puck Brembos that I've tested and used previosly on other cars. Maybe it's due to the fact that it's a 4 wheel upgrade kit, but still....... Here's some pics (I know it's an IS but still we're talking about StopTech), luv the way the rotors fill the inner wheel gap
Yeah baby!!! I love the way those rotors fill the inner wheel gap!!!!

Can you post some more close-up pics of your wheels? What size rims are on your IS? How much did you pay for your complete StopTech kit (front and rear)?
Old 04-29-03, 10:21 AM
isman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Yeah baby!!! I love the way those rotors fill the inner wheel gap!!!!

Can you post some more close-up pics of your wheels? What size rims are on your IS? How much did you pay for your complete StopTech kit (front and rear)?
The 14" (355mm) rotors for front and rear are on 18" WORK rims. On Stop Tech website they start from $4,750.00 and then add $50 extra for painted (blk or red) calipers and then the Motul 600 brake fluid is like $11 or $12 a bottle (you'll need like 3 1/2 bottles after you bleed everything out). The stopping power on this kit is well....
Old 04-29-03, 10:53 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally posted by isman
The 14" (355mm) rotors for front and rear are on 18" WORK rims. On Stop Tech website they start from $4,750.00 and then add $50 extra for painted (blk or red) calipers and then the Motul 600 brake fluid is like $11 or $12 a bottle (you'll need like 3 1/2 bottles after you bleed everything out). The stopping power on this kit is well....
That is some serious dough. Of course you didn't pay that much though right?
Old 04-29-03, 11:59 AM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Well, dunno if you notice the "Stop Tech" sticker or the side "role call" of my car. That should answer your question.
Old 04-29-03, 12:27 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Way too serious dough ..................

I guess upgrading my brakes to something like yours (isman) is out of the question
Old 04-29-03, 04:34 PM
LexFather

That is one SICK setup. Man, they charge you to paint the brakes when u spend $4,750?? For that much, it needs to stop the other cars around me.
Old 04-29-03, 04:56 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Man, they charge you to paint the brakes when u spend $4,750?? For that much, it needs to stop the other cars around me.
LMFAO!

True, you can stop in a few feet, but that Buick behind you will be in your back seat in no time.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have that setup, someday.
Old 04-29-03, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
LMFAO!

True, you can stop in a few feet, but that Buick behind you will be in your back seat in no time.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have that setup, someday.
trust me, it is sooo true. every time i do REAL braking on my gs4, i have to look into the mirror to make sure the guy behind me doesn't real ended me
Old 04-30-03, 09:50 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RAristo
There are 2 kinds of calipers for 332mm kit. One will clear the stock 17", the other one won't. Stoptech indeed produce quality brake kit. However, when I or rather Todd, tried to put in the brake pads, there were some difficulty fitting in so we had to grind the sides of the pads a little bit. Other than that, the kit is flawless and the brake power for 355mm kit is how I can put this..... WOW.

Manaray,

Nice to see you again. Can't wait to see SC when you finish it.
So can you get the package that fits stock wheels and lower your car past 1"?

Last edited by SandRock; 04-30-03 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-30-03, 10:10 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SandRock
So can you get the package that fits stock wheels and lower your car past 1"?
I don't want to give you any false information. You can contact Stoptech and talk to Bob. He's the one who helped me pick up the front and rear pads.
Old 04-30-03, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ummm i have a question. what does the brake kit has to do with lowering the car?
Old 05-01-03, 08:53 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

exactly what I was trying to figure out.
Old 05-01-03, 09:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

exactly what I was trying to figure out.
oh hahha, in that case, no, i don't see a single reason if you are trying to get a brake upgrade that will fit insde the stock wheels
Old 05-01-03, 09:29 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Well on thier site it looks like they changed the layout and does not give seperate part numbers for lower than 1" or higher. All it says is 17" wheels are required for the 332 kit and 18" wheels are required for the 355 kit. Im going to call them today and check. I already checked with one of thier dealers and they said they will fit in stock 17" wheels.
Old 05-01-03, 01:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well on thier site it looks like they changed the layout and does not give seperate part numbers for lower than 1" or higher. All it says is 17" wheels are required for the 332 kit and 18" wheels are required for the 355 kit. Im going to call them today and check. I already checked with one of thier dealers and they said they will fit in stock 17" wheels.
well i guess you are a bit confused. you need 18" wheels to clear the 14" rotors setup coz you need mor space inside the wheels. but if you have 18" wheels, you will get lower profile tires, and the overall diameter of the wheel does NOT change.... so even i have 19" wheels on my gs4, the diameter of the wheel doesn't change much. that's why i can still trust my speedo. so NO, putting brakes will have NOTHING to do with lowering

Quick Reply: StopTech Brake Discussion