Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help is this F-Sport rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-16, 12:24 AM
iinkz
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gamma113
Thanks for the link.

I have decided to get a pair. Will this http://www.ebay.com/itm/331758887152 fit my RWD 2008 is350?

Thanks
Just make sure your car is compatible with the straight rear sway bar, and you're golden. I say this because my spare is not full sized, and I have an Australian delivered ISx50, but there are clearance issues with the straight bar.

It's going to be another round of headaches for you if it doesn't fit, so my advice is just make 100% sure.
Old 08-01-16, 01:12 AM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iinkz
Just make sure your car is compatible with the straight rear sway bar, and you're golden. I say this because my spare is not full sized, and I have an Australian delivered ISx50, but there are clearance issues with the straight bar.

It's going to be another round of headaches for you if it doesn't fit, so my advice is just make 100% sure.
Thanks for your advice. Hey, what is ISx50? What clearance issue you having explain? How differ to my Japnese import is350?
Old 08-01-16, 09:24 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

^^^^ISX50 is code for IS250 OR IS350 (lumps both together where applicable). If your trunk floor is molded for a space saver spare, and from your pics it appears to be. Everything should fit fine in the rear.

If you want more assurance, take a pic of your trunk under the mat (the spare tire) and the trunk floor configuration will be apparent. THAT and THAT alone is the only clearance issue with the ISX50.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 08-01-16 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-01-16, 02:34 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^ISX50 is code for IS250 OR IS350 (lumps both together where applicable). If your trunk floor is molded for a space saver spare, and from your pics it appears to be. Everything should fit fine in the rear.

If you want more assurance, take a pic of your trunk under the mat (the spare tire) and the trunk floor configuration will be apparent. THAT and THAT alone is the only clearance issue with the ISX50.

Lou
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Here are the photos of my trunk floor pictures (see below). Please let me know if the one sell on ebay would fit? Thanks

Old 08-01-16, 03:49 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

^^^^YES Sir! Absolutely no doubt now. The straight bar will fit just fine

Lou
Old 08-01-16, 05:15 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Lou
Great. Do you know the dimensions and weight for 2 bars (if possible with the original box packaging for shipping purpose)?
Old 08-01-16, 06:25 PM
iinkz
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lou
I wouldn't bet on that. From some research it seems like only the US models have the shallower floorpan for their spare.

Looking at Gamma's pictures, the floorplan depth is very similar to mine (AU delivered), and although he doesn't have a full sized spare, I believe that floorpan was made available to accomodate a full sized spare. That said, my car does not have a full sized spare, but the deeper floorpan.

Not sure how accurate or if this would help, but if you could both measure and compare the depth of the floorpan, that could answer the question and give assurance on whether the straight bar would fit.
Old 08-01-16, 11:01 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by iinkz
I wouldn't bet on that. From some research it seems like only the US models have the shallower floorpan for their spare.

Looking at Gamma's pictures, the floorplan depth is very similar to mine (AU delivered), and although he doesn't have a full sized spare, I believe that floorpan was made available to accomodate a full sized spare. That said, my car does not have a full sized spare, but the deeper floorpan.

Not sure how accurate or if this would help, but if you could both measure and compare the depth of the floorpan, that could answer the question and give assurance on whether the straight bar would fit.
See attached photo. I did some meaurement in cm from bottom to the black plastic lining.

Old 08-03-16, 02:44 PM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Can someone with the us model tell me if you got the similar measurement of floor space to mine above? I wanna make sure it fit before i buy. Otherwise should i get cusco sway bar?
Old 08-05-16, 10:24 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Don't get the USA F-Sport Accessory sway bar, it won't fit your car I don't believe. I looked into it and European/Australian IS250's/IS350's all had the full-size spare trunk floor even if they did not come with the full-size spare. Your spare wheel well is much deeper than a North American car (you can see in a couple of your pictures that some things are different as well like where the tools fit, etc.). Some IS2x0d models did have the smaller trunks and run-flat tires (2009+), but not on the gas models.

EDIT: This is what the smaller spare tire well looks like, and is what North American cars have:

Hope that helps!

EDIT 2: Something not many people talk about, but the reason that North American cars seem to get the shallower spare tire well is not due to the fact that we got the donut-sized spare (obviously, as other countries got the donut-sized spare with the deeper well), but rather due to the fact that we have a much larger charcoal canister and emissions system mounted on the underside of it that other countries never got.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 08-05-16 at 10:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GrizzlyMan (04-02-21)
Old 08-06-16, 02:52 AM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Don't get the USA F-Sport Accessory sway bar, it won't fit your car I don't believe. I looked into it and European/Australian IS250's/IS350's all had the full-size spare trunk floor even if they did not come with the full-size spare. Your spare wheel well is much deeper than a North American car (you can see in a couple of your pictures that some things are different as well like where the tools fit, etc.). Some IS2x0d models did have the smaller trunks and run-flat tires (2009+), but not on the gas models.

EDIT: This is what the smaller spare tire well looks like, and is what North American cars have:

Hope that helps!

EDIT 2: Something not many people talk about, but the reason that North American cars seem to get the shallower spare tire well is not due to the fact that we got the donut-sized spare (obviously, as other countries got the donut-sized spare with the deeper well), but rather due to the fact that we have a much larger charcoal canister and emissions system mounted on the underside of it that other countries never got.

Jeff
Thank you for taking the photo of your boot. Thank you for letting me know. I nearly place an order for F-Sport Sway bars. I am glad i didn't.

I am going to order front and rear of Cusco sway bars. Following models: FRONT Sway bar 199 311 A30 2. Rear Sway bar 983 311 B19 . Does anyone have any information as to how much in percents are they stiffer compared to my stock IS350? and how they are like compared to stock (experience)?

Many Thanks