Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help i need springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-03, 07:27 AM
jaysmooth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help i need springs

what springs are available that drop the sc more than an inch, and where can i find them. the eibachs only drop an inch and by my calculations that means there still is a 2 1/2 gap in the front. drop me a line please!!!!! I need this thing lowered bad

jay
Old 05-24-03, 07:59 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try searching!- there are issues with dropping the SC over an inch- supra TT eibachs will give you a 1.3 inch drop in the front, and 1 in the back... I don't know how much the tien s-tech srings will drop you, if you want to go low, get coilovers
Old 05-24-03, 09:25 AM
jaysmooth
Driver School Candidate

Default springs

why is there a problem with dropping more than an inch. is it just because of manf. specs or something else. do you have springs if so what kind. and any pics of eibach lowered sc's would be greatly appreciated so i could get a feel for the look of those.
thanks

jay
Old 05-24-03, 01:21 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

intrax makes a set of springs for our car that drops it 1.5 all around but i'm not sure the quality is all that great... jus get huge *** rims if u want to get rid of the gap and if the car looks hopped up then add some side skirts.

khang
Old 05-25-03, 01:03 PM
jaysmooth
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the replies guys

jay
Old 05-25-03, 09:58 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default Re: springs

Originally posted by jaysmooth
why is there a problem with dropping more than an inch. is it just because of manf. specs or something else. do you have springs if so what kind. and any pics of eibach lowered sc's would be greatly appreciated so i could get a feel for the look of those.
thanks

jay
Here's a pic of my front with the Supra Eibach's and 18 inch wheels. I think the Supra Eicbach's are about 0.1 inch lowere than the Eibachs for the SC. The tires are the same diameter as stock, but the wheels make them look bigger. Anyway, this is about the gap you'd have with stock tires
Attached Thumbnails help i need springs-left_s5a.jpg  
Old 05-25-03, 09:59 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

... and the rear ...
Attached Thumbnails help i need springs-left_s5b.jpg  
Old 05-26-03, 06:23 PM
jaysmooth
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks

nice pics. thanks alot. what exactly do i need to do the same look. thats the look i'm hoping for. i was going to go with coilovers to get enough drop but that looks real decent
Old 05-26-03, 09:44 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Thanks. Like I said, those are the Eibach springs for the Supra TT with KYB AGX shocks. If you were planning to use coilovers, I'd say go for it! You can get the same height adjustment (even more so!), plus you'd get better ride quality (using something like the Tein CS's as opposed to the Tein HA's).

It all depends on what you're after. If you want looks and a nice ride, Tein CS's, if you want to handle like you're on rails, go with the Supra TT Eibach's/AGX or the Tein HA's and put up with the stiffer ride.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-28-03, 10:28 AM
SCLEX
Pole Position

How is the ride quality compared to stock? Does it bounce alot, or is it just stiff, so you can take corners faster?
-richard
Old 05-28-03, 01:07 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Heh heh, it doesn't "bounce" AT ALL! Even on the softest shock settings, it's still noticably stiffer than stock, i,e,. you can't push down and bounce the corners at all. The plus is that it goes around corners like it was on rails The car just exudes confidence on twisty mountain roads
Old 06-10-03, 08:26 PM
eric150db
Driver School Candidate

I found another option which i havent found any info on these forums. Its a tokico full suspension kit for the supra. It lowers the car 1.25 inches all the way around, and you can get the kit with 5 way adjustable illuminas or non adjustable hp's. They whole kit can be had for around 550 if you look around.
Old 06-21-03, 01:34 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wmulli,

Did you have to do any camber adjustments on your set up with the Supra Eibach springs?
Any uneven tire wear?

That setup looks exactly like what I want on my SC300.

Thanks
Old 06-21-03, 02:19 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

I know a lot of people have had alignment/tire wear trouble with the Supra springs, but mine aligned perfectly and the tire wear is dead even.
Old 06-21-03, 05:04 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

How slammed do you want. Sprint makes springs that lower the car 1.8 all around. By the time they settle it will be close to a 2inch drop

Quick Reply: help i need springs