Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

daizen sport tuning sways - wow!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 01:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default daizen sport tuning sways - wow!

so during the weekend i went ahead and got myself a set of daizen sways for my is300. i knew before i put on the sways that it's going to be a blast already, but i never expected that dramatic change. my car is totally on rail now. body roll isn't a vocab on my is300 anymore and i guess wheels and tires are the only things keeping my car from going faster on turns.

i was able to talk to someone very knowledgeable who worked very closely with daizen on all the design, testing, prototype, etc... of the sways (in fact all daizen products), and he told me that daizen sways are actaully the most aggressive setup in the market right now

Front bar 32mm hollow
Rear bar 19mm hollow
both bars are using Polyurethane bushing instead of the normal plastic bushing found on trd sways
the rear bar is adjustable
$499.95

the daizen sways are about approx 50% stiffer than TRD yellow race bars

all other bars in the market are approx 35-40% stiffer than stock except for TRD yellow which are around 50% stiffer. so if you take the fact that daizen is another 50% stiffer than trd, the daizen is more than double the stiffness of that of the stock sways.

i looked at the sways myself. the daizen is THICK and heavy, and the bushing is very tight. the harder Polyurethane bushing is better than the rubber bushing on the trd bars coz' they are harder so the bars themselves can be less stiff (less weight) while the overall performance is better.

i have also set in cars with the trd sways and the tein HA coilover. believe it or not, i think the daizen sways are better. given the fact that i didn't drive that car, but i could feel more rolls on that car compared to what i have with my car and daizen sways now.

so i strongly suggest people getitng the daizen sways, they are top notch quality stuff and performance wise they are next to nothing. you can get them exclusively from todd of tmengineering (http://www.tmengineering.net/). tell him henry refers you and he will know

daizen's homepage is http://www.daizensporttuning.com btw

oh and btw, i am NOT associated with daizen or tmengineering in any way so don't think i am a vendor. i wish i could make any money out of this