Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed Suspension .. have a couple questions now

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 05:49 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Suspension .. have a couple questions now

1st ... when I start the car, everything is normal, put it into 1st everything is normal, start rolling everything is normal .. hit 3,000 RPM in 1st ... ABS light comes on ... will not go off until I shut the car off. Start the car, repeats itself. Should I try disconnecting the battery for awhile and maybe that will reset the code ?

2nd ... BIG camber problem ... need to find a way to deal with that.

Car looks much better, I think it dropped over 2" but who knows ... I installed Supra suspension, the fronts are KYB shocks (do Supras come with these stock ??) and the rears are factory Supra TT shocks. The springs are Eibach, I don't know if they are Sportlines or Prokits ... they are the black ones ...

Car rides great, I am very pleased ... can't really get on it yet and have fun or take pictures yet because of the rain here.
Old 06-01-03, 08:55 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Disconnected battery and ECU .. no change ... ABS light comes on around 25 MPH and stays on.
Old 06-01-03, 09:46 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Sounds like you damaged one of your abs sensors or one is out of position or something as a result of your install bud. Give them a look see and let us know. Good luck.
Old 06-03-03, 10:25 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

is the camber correctable with alignment?
Old 06-03-03, 11:04 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

I don't know, but I hope so. Rims are going on today ... alignment/camber correction coming soon, I hope.
Old 07-14-04, 09:29 PM
TurboSCLex
Driver School Candidate

Default having similar problem

I am having a similar problem that you are. I installed the rear TT brakes and I started having abs light come on around 76+ mph. This all happened right after the 6speed swap and TT rear brake conversion was completed. I installed Tein Flex CO's and the abs still comes on exept now its closer to 80 mph. I checked the ABS code by conecting Tc and E1 and got code 34. Do you have any idea what that code means? I think its a abs sensor but thats a guess. Its a good idea to fix this problem cause today I took a conner under some boost and had to slow down through the middle of the conner and the back wheels locked up. It felt like I drifting; which was cool but scary as hell because of the wall rails that I was trying to stay clear off. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Adriel
Old 07-14-04, 11:01 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

make sure you reconnected the sensor. I dont see how lowering the car would trip the abs light. When i installed mine, i disconnected the sensor at the harness and let it dangle. If they pulled the actual sensor out, it may have been damaged by the open air.