Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC300 Suspension Compatibility Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-03, 04:14 PM
95sc300t
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal. You ARE getting rid of the twins and going big single, or bigger dual's, arn't you??? Please??

I'm going slightly against standard routes and staying with the 2jz-ge engine. There are very minor differences between the GTE engine, including pistons, oil squirters for the pistons, and different heads, but I'm gonna get JE pistons for it, and see what I can get out of the stock block. The rods & Crank are identical if my info is correct, so with high performance pistons/rings, I should be able to get 600-700 HP once the big single turbo is bolted on. My tranny will be the biggest limitation at that point, as I want to stick with the auto, but I'll of course have it rebuilt for high performance, along with about a 3400 stall converter..

I might have mentioned all this stuff earlier in the thread a while back, but I can't remember.. HMMM..

Meanwhile, I gotta drive the Tacoma around.. Not as fun.
Old 07-28-03, 09:08 AM
genyosai
Driver

Originally posted by 95sc300t
Good deal. You ARE getting rid of the twins and going big single, or bigger dual's, arn't you??? Please??
This may sound silly, but actually I'm keeping the stock twins for now. I've had enough of the HOT, HOT-rodded car. Now I just want a comfortable, quiet, yet powerful car. Putting in the stock Supra turbo engine, doing the boost by-pass and running a modified Supra tt ECU should get me around 430rwhp +. That's good enough for me, for now. I'm also having the leather replaced, installing the 1997 body effects and more. So I want to spare some cash.

I only have $15,000 dedicated to the project. So far I'm well under that. I got the engine and a 1JZ-GTE 5-speed transmission (R154) for only $2,800.00 shipped. The engine is Jspec, so there are a few changes I'm making to it. Nevertheless, I'm still coming in at less than $4,000.00 for the engine and tranny.

I'm almost done making the NEW harness necessary to run the Supra tt motor in the Lexus. The ECUs look identical, but are not. The interior wiring is totally different from that of the Supra, so I had to cut off the Lexus connectors and splice them into the right pinouts on the Supra harness. No big deal, just time consuming. I bought a Lexus harness just for this job so that the car wouldn't have to be down during this process. I'm doing everything that I can to minimize downtime on this swap.

After this, my next project is to change my 2001 IS300 to a 5-speed. I'm going to install the same sort of transmission in it as I'm putting into the SC. Also, My 2JZ-GTE engine is actually from a Toyota Aristo, meaning the upper and lower oil pans sit farward. The Supra motor has a rearward positioned pan which is necessary to install into the SC as well. I have those replacement parts already and will simply use the farward positioned pans on the IS300 (pans are positioned the same as the Aristo). This way, when I turbo the IS300, the oil drain fittings will already exist on the pan taken from my Aristo 2JZ-GTE motor

Plans, plans.....
Old 07-29-03, 12:41 AM
legendary
Racer

very interesting.

We are looking forward to the write up on this one.
Have fun....now back to the topic...

If you buy Supra springs you will need the shocks as well. IF you are interested in having more performance amnd flexibility in adjusting your ride height, Steve Ganz is hosting a group buy on adjustable JIC coilovers
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=90212

Last edited by legendary; 07-29-03 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-29-03, 07:02 AM
95sc300t
Driver

genyosai, looks like you have quite the project stored up there.. Get lots of pictures & stuff.

Hey, that group buy looks good also. I'm in. Now I just need details.